Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 23:20
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Bad Breath/sweat ect

I follow the eating plan, am losing weight, and show pink to purple on the testing strips each morning. i don't think I have bad breath though, at least no one has mentioned it, and my so probably would. If not the 3 year old might, they can be overly honest at that age. I have also not noticed any difference in sweat or urine order. When I do exercise I sweat easy and feel like there is a fire ball inside me of energy, I get alot warmer in my core areas, which before ment I was losing weight. While my urine doesn't smell bad, I have to go a ton more, but that is more because of all the water I drink.

Could the water be keeping the bad breath at bay? Am I not in keitosis after all, or can you be in it with out the negative odar side effects?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 23:26

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

You're disconcerted over being seemingly spared the bad breath and various foul odor LC side-effects? LOL

I think if you continue to progress towards your goals, you should thank whatever or whoever that mandated fate spare you the infamous "ketones" breath.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:14
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

My fear is I will get it and no one will bother to tell me :P as bad as everyone is making it sound though, I will probably notice it on my own.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:19

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

I haven't had any of these either. I have even held my hand over my breath and couldn't smell anything. I have had a slight metal taste in my mouth two times. But, that may be where I am on a blood thinner.

I haven't smelled it in my urine either. My wife said she thought she did in hers yesterday. But, my urine is a bright florecent yellow! I don't know if that is from the vitamins or maybe it is the fat washing out. It has just turned the florecent color since I started this diet and started the vitamins.

Oh boy, here I am discussing the color of my urine
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Hon, let me tell you...if you get it, you won't need anyone to tell you...lol. You will absolutely without doubt know it. There is a metallic like taste you will get and dragon's breath is the only way I can think of to put it. If you don't notice that, then don't worry about it because other people likely aren't noticing it either.

L
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:38
Registered Member

Stats: 262/230/185 Male 6 ft
BF:39%/32.8%/15%
Progress: 42%

RickTN,

To continue your urine discussion, If you have bright yellow, I think that means you have lots of sodium in your system that is getting flushed out. I could be wrong, but thats what I've noticed with my eating/peeing paterns. Try drinking more water. At work, cause I'm lazy and don't feel like working. I drink tons of water to go to the bathroom and get my urine clear. On atkins I've noticed its very hard, I guess its from continously buring fat and flushing it out of my system

Sorry if this is getting a little gross for some

John
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:41

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

I actually drink 1 gallon and 1 quart of water a day. I don't think I should drink anymore :LOL:
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:43
Registered Member

Stats: 262/230/185 Male 6 ft
BF:39%/32.8%/15%
Progress: 42%

Man, you must just have tons to flush out of your system. Can only be good for you, keep it up.

John
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:54

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Rick, it is probably the supplements. When I miss mine, I definately notice a difference (does everyone look at their pee??? geez) When I've taken my supplements, neon would describe it appropriately...lol.

L
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 07:27

Plan: PP / Atkins
Stats: 275/215/170 Female 5'8
BF:too much/26%
Progress: 57%

Bright fluro yellow urine is from Vit B. I've never hard it it happening from excess sodium, but it's possible (though unlikely). I set myself a personal challenge every day to get it to turn clear again after taking my Vit B's It's one way to fuel my competitive spirit AND make sure I get lots of water.

I have noticed that my sweat smells more, but it never used to have any scent at all, so I probably smell "normal" now and my breath only I can notice and it's more a bad taste in my mouth than anything else.