Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 12:53

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 140/137/115 Female 60"
BF:Not Sure
Progress: 12%
Default Wanted to Say Hello

Just wanted to say hi and that I am so happy to find a message board about TSP. I read her book about 2 years ago and felt like this was IT - but one thing after another has kept me from actually doing the plan (mostly just excuses). I decided to start off right this year and here I am. I do believe this is a great way to eat and I'm off to buy the second book today.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 15:57

Plan: WW Lowcarb style
Stats: 280/269.5/250 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default hi

WELCOME !!!
glad you found us!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 00:20

Plan: South Beach Mostly
Stats: 200/191/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Welcome JPMommy!!

The Schwarzbein area of this forum isn't as happening as it used to be, but you'll still find tons of great information!!

If you haven't already, I would highly recommend getting one of her cookbooks, the recipes are really good!!...and it's nice to know that you're eating within the plan.

Best of luck and I hope to hear of future successes!!!

Titania
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 11:00

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 140/137/115 Female 60"
BF:Not Sure
Progress: 12%
Default Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Titania-

I actually have the cookbook, and you are so right. It really helps answer the question "But what can I eat???" I love the chicken cordon blue- it is wonderful!

BTW- I need to update my stats. I got on the scale this morning and I'm down to 130. I haven't weighed myself in about 2 weeks- and I kept getting off and on to recheck because it seems unreal! I knew my clothes felt looser, and inches are the most important thing, but it still feels great to see it on the scale too.

I've been reading SPII this week. Boy, there is a LOT of information in there!!! I wish there was an easy way to figure out what category I fall into without lots of expensive tests.

Oh- I have another question for you all. I seem to be having horrible allergies or a cold this week. Who knows- the weather here in Southern California is a record high 85+ degrees today and tomorrow it's not supposed to get above 60. Rapid weather changes are miserable anyway ( my apologies to those of you freezing in other parts of the country ). But this is the first week I have completely stopped any kind of refined sugar and artificial sweeteners, and I am tapering off caffeine.

I'm wondering if all the sneezing and junk is toxins being purged from my system. Did anyone else have any similar experience? I suppose a cold can be just a cold (or allergies) but it seems a funny coincidence that I'm eating extremely cleanly and I feel like I've been hit by a hayfever truck!

-Tiffany (aka JPMommy)
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 12:14
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Tiffany -

I would guess you're most likely experiencing detox symptoms. I got a pretty bad headache for two days, had a stuffy nose and felt kinda fatigued for a few days. But it passed and then I felt great.

Congrats about your weight loss!! Losing weight with Schwarzbein almost feels like a side bonus, I feel so healthy and energetic when I stick to plan.

amie