Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 15:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/209/125 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 14%
Unhappy Frustrated with slow loss....

Somewhat frustrated, I know I should be happy with my quick induction weight loss, but was hoping to continue to loose some (anything 1# a week, whatever) .
okay just started this 19 days ago. Lost 11 pounds in the first week, have continued induction foods, water, excersise, etc. same as the first week and not a pound since. I am psychotic about the scale...will try to hide it, but my weight really, really jumps around. (always weighing in the morning after urinating..hey every bit helps) and up 3 pounds, down two, up four, etc. but am about the same 11 pound initial loss. I am using fitday and do 15-20 carbs per day, water, etc. Any suggestions?
Also, I have Celiac disease for about a year now. where my body wasn't absorbing all of the food I was eating, so I also wonder if my body is in a conserving type mode even though I have been following this glulten free diet required of celiacs for about a year now. ? Thanks so much for your help> Jennifer
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 15:08

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Hi Jennifer,

Congrats on your 11 pounds gone forever! Isn't it good to see them leave!

It is not uncommon to hit a week 3 stall. Many people find that their bodies need a moment to adjust to the weight loss they've just had. My body decided to "adjust" for 3 weeks! Yep, 12 pounds lost on induction, then 0 for the next 3 weeks. Then it started picking back up again.

Fitday is a great tool! Keep using it and see how it goes.

I'd also recomend drinking plenty of water. The formula I've seen most often is 64oz PLUS another 8oz for every 25 pounds you want to lose. That seemed to help me.

Keep up the great work. You're doing very well!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 15:09

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Welcome!! Post induction stall is normal. Just keep doing everything you are including exercise and it will come off. You'll see. Hang in there
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 16:57
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Hi your doing great thus far. One thing I didn't notice was if you measured. I didn't lose any weight scale wise but did lose 8 inches my third week. Make sure you do weekly measurements. I noticed that I stalled for 3 weeks in weight but kept losing with the tape measure. The ole pant-o-meter is the best way to judge. Good Luck!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 12:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

for me 2-3 pounds a week is fast maybe too fast.
youll get there. its worth the wait to lose the weight.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 12:43

Stats: 235/214/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:40
Progress: 28%

Jen...
Your body will need time to adjust. Remember how you felt during induction? The delay in weight lose is the same idea, the body is adjusting to the new way of eating after years of carb posioning. I had a great lose in my first two weeks and then it seemed to stop. I kept up with the program and have continued to lose the weight.

The biggest thrill for me is the clothes and belongings that fit again. Hide the scale and use something like a belt to judge how your doing. Measure yourself now before losing anymore. I didn't and I regret it because I don't know the inches lost.

Remember that muscle tissue is denser than fat and therefore weighs more. If your exercising more than you used to, your body is also sjusting to this.

Hang in there, you'll make it through like most of us did.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 13:08
Registered Member

Stats: 221.5/221.5/199 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

I went through the same thing. Lost 10 lbs 1st week then nothing. Be patient the scale will move again. I need to hide my scale. One of the most frustrating things to do is get addicted to the scale. Try to give yourself a couple weeks before you get back on the scale. It will save you a lot of grief. My scale will be hid for 2 weeks. good luch !