Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184.5/179.5/145
BF:47.5/44.5/22
Progress: 13%
Talking My First Post to Say HI!

[COLOR=darkblue]
Hello everyone still trying to figure everything out, along with what to eat, I'm trying to navigate through all the boards and get a feel for how the boards work and what does and doesn't, and ...still haven't a clue how to create all those cute vivatar or whatever those things are called, the cut pics above you screen name.
ANYhoo, can't think of a better way than to just jump in and go. I started the plan on the 8th (Apr.8,03) and my last weigh-in I had lost 7lbs and seem to be maintaining keytosis. I am very excited at how my body is reacting to the diet. My most gratifying and pleasurable result is the lack of craving.... !!! That alone is worth sticking to this as a way of eating for life.
No one can understand the reaction of too many carbs save those who have such adverse reactions to them. My husband doesn't have a clue. His idea was you eat when you need to and then you don't. Nuff' said. I explained the difference of how I feel now and he is a smoker. I tell him, just think of it kinda like this. You are in a stressful, bored, whatever situation and you have a smoke, the pressure escalates and all you can think of is...have another smoke and until you get it that is all you can think of and the longer it is til you get it the more consumed you are to get it and you are miserable. That is the way carbs do me. I eat too many and I go into awful cravings and the whole nightmare ensues. But, not with this. OKAY, enough blabbing, I'm just stoked and hope to chat with many and stay inspired. I don't think I'll too much trouble hanging in just simply because I feel so much better and more in control of my body...for the better.
Going to click around in more areas. Best to all!
ChewysMom
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 15:53

Plan: gen. low carb/Atkins
Stats: 137/110/112 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 108%

Hi.
Your husband may not understand about the carb cravings, but you came to the right place if you wanted to find hundreds of people here who know EXACTLY what you mean -- no explanation necessary.