Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 04:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 267/219/192
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Problems with Blood Sugar

Hi Guys

I just wondered if anyone had any information for me concerning what i am currently going through

I have been on Atkins Induction now for 9 days and while i am losing weight i have a very weird reaction every day at about 3 oclock

I have what feels like rediculously low blood sugar, so im weak and feel like im gonna faint or something

This usually lasts for about two hours getting progressively less intense and results in a very mean headache which remains until i go to bed

I wake in the morning foggy but OK again

I am still slap bang in the middle of my Paxil withdrawal which may have something to do with it, as i have read about the link between Paxil and Low Blood Sugar, but this link seems to be while the person is taking it not while trying to get off of it.

I also went to a homeopath/Herbalist yesterday in order to try to clear up what we suspect to be Candid from my system and i questioned her that maybe i had started the Atkins diet at the wrong period of my life.(ie the withdrawal)

She seemed to think not

I was just wondering if anyone had had any experience with what i am going through or if it was common or completely out of the ordinary

Thank You

Dan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 06:29

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Dan why not try having a snack during that time of day? Like maybe a couple celery sticks and cream cheese, or boiled egg.

When do you normally eat breakfast and lunch? Do you have an early lunch to where by the time 3pm comes around your blood sugars do drop because of hunger?

You have to realize one thing. There is NO glucose in your system anymore, to hold you off during long periods between meals. You need to eat 3 meals a day or 6 smaller ones. The first 2 weeks your body is stressing out over thinking it is starving to death due to the fact you are forcing it to change fuel sources. If you are feeling faint and weak, it is your body saying I am hungry.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 08:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 267/219/192
BF:
Progress: 64%

i have actually had a bigger lunch today than i would normally have and i feel quite a lot better

I would usually have a v small salad with a few pieces of chicken

but i pretty much worked out last night that you can be abit too careful with your carbs

I worked out that my carb count although i thought was around seven grams for lucnh was probably more like four

and so i added more salad today

and instead of little bits of chicken i had two slices of butter fried bacon and two hard boiled eggs

seems to have done the trick (well near as dammit)

I also ate two macadamia nuts

dunno if im allowed these during induction, but they taste sooo good