Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 12:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/249/185 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Am I eating to much??

I just started Induction for the 3rd time in a year... The first time I lost 50lb in 7 months. Anyway I put a few lb back (not much) and have a long way to go to reach my goals.

I seem to be having a very hard time with hunger this time around. I eating like every hour or 2 and was wondering if im eating to much? Here is my Fitday Journal for today and Im probably going to add another 1000 calories at dinner time to this with steak and greens. Since I started 3 days ago I have gone down 5lb which I know is really not all fat but it does feel good to see the scale tip down

Thanks for looking.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...l?Owner=James01

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 12:46

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Your fitday looks fine to me. Just about right.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 14:47
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I don't think you are eating too much. I do have a question about the shake. Is that a meal replacement or to up your protein or what?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 23:25

Stats: 290/178/180 Male 68''
BF:?/13%/10%
Progress: 102%

IMHO, it is very important when you are starting induction to not worry about quantity and calories at all. Just make sure you eat only permitted foods. As time goes on, you may feel the need to watch quantity and calories a bit, but it is a mistake to worry about this when you are starting. Keep yourself satisfied, and you will not be tempted to veer off course.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 05:34

BF:

Cool.. thanks for the replies.

The shake im drinking is called Protein Diet. Its a meal shake made with splenda by a company called Optimun.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 11:13

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%

Personally, I would lay off of ANY shakes or ice cream of any kind. It's only for 2 weeks, remember, then you can add in some other veggies adn some fruit, yogurt, etc. Just a thought--and for satisfaction, you can eat hard-boiled eggs, cheese, meat veggies... I agree with the other post that I'd be more concerned with choices than quantities. Just remember the Atkins golden rue: eat until satisfied, THEN STOP!

Are you drinking your water, taking your supplements & exercising??
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 11:20
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins Diet
Stats: 130/122/110
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default On eating every hour or two

I do not recommend eating any closer that 2 1/2 hours. You don't need anything between that unless you want to drink water between.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 11:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannie
Personally, I would lay off of ANY shakes or ice cream of any kind. It's only for 2 weeks, remember, then you can add in some other veggies adn some fruit, yogurt, etc. Just a thought--and for satisfaction, you can eat hard-boiled eggs, cheese, meat veggies... I agree with the other post that I'd be more concerned with choices than quantities. Just remember the Atkins golden rue: eat until satisfied, THEN STOP!

Are you drinking your water, taking your supplements & exercising??

Well lets see... Lots of water though not enough to meet 8 glasses a day... Im trying to get into the exercising but its tough. I know thats no excuse And I do take some suplements. I did lose a few lb in the past 3 days but im going to lay off the shakes until im done with induction. Thanks for the advice.

As for eating more than 2.5 hours apart... That would require me to eat larger portions. Right now I might eat 1oz of cream cheese then an hour or so later eat a pickle or 2. So id have to eat cream cheese and pickle YUCK!! lol. I get the point tho. Thanks for the advice.