Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 20:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/145/132 Female 65
BF:23%
Progress:
Default Atkins Buddy

Alright. I need a buddy. I need support. I am so addicted to teh carbs. However this is my first full day on the Induction and I am doing ok. am looking for support. Anyone need another buddy?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 21:06

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 353/298.5/199 Male 6'2"
BF:No Idea
Progress: 35%

You have made it through the first day, thats is a great start! The next 2-3 may be a bit rough (cravings), just remember what foods are allowed on induction and use those for snacks if needed.

As far as buddies, we don't mix with people in Alaska. Just kidding.

While a buddy is always good, everybody here will give you support and help in anyway possible. You have found the best place for support.

Just stick to the plan, and remember most people will only lose about 10% of the weight during the first two weeks - but everybody is different. Stick to the plan, give it time and let your body adjust to this new Way of Life (WOL).

Oh, and drinks LOTS and LOTS of water to keep the process running smoothly. I'm drinking between 120-140ozs per day, but I'm a big guy. Many here try to drink around 100ozs each day.

Also as your body adjusts and you start to feel better, you need to start exercisizing. I will really enhance rate at which you lose weight.

It would also be a good idea to take measurements (bust, thigh, waist, arms, etc) as you may hit periods where your weight loss stalls but your measurments continue to shrink.

And It is always a good idea to setup an account on Fitday.com (its Free) and enter your meals. It is a good tool for finding hidden carbs and when you ask people for advice the first thing they will want to see is your current menu.

Sounds like a lot but it really isn't. Just take it one day at a time.

Oh, and welcome aboard.
Rick
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 21:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/127/123 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi, ehill, nice to meet you. You'll make a lot of buddies and find a lot of support on this forum, starting right now with this message! One thing I would suggest--- and you will hear this from many others--- is that you immediately (1) sign up on fitday.com so you can keep a list of your adily food intake, and (2) start a journal here, on lowcarber.org even if you feel you don't have too much to add during the first few days.

The fitday.com registration is free and will help you keep track of your percentages of fat/carbs/protein. I usually record my daily intake on fitday, copy it, and post it to my journal here at lowcarber.org at the end of the day. It's very helpful because others can visit you in your journal here and make suggestions based on what you are eating.

Your journal here on lowcarber will be your own diary. It allows others to post messages to you, cheer you on at a more personal level--- in short, it will be the medium for your support system.

Both of these tools help me tremendously. As you will see if you click on the "journal" icon on any given forum/journal participant, you can follow others' progress, gripes, trials and tribulations. You can also scroll down and find people whose goals are similar to your own, and start reading their journals.

To see how this works, why not visit my journal and post a reply? If you have a journal open, I'll answer you back.

Good luck.

Whammy
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 21:41

Plan: The Metabolic Diet
Stats: 155/149/125 Female 5'7
BF:25/22/16
Progress: 20%
Wink HI ehill

Hi there Alaska!

i need a buddy too! I"m trying atkins again, and tomorrow will be my first day on the diet. So we're both in the same boat. I think we should defintely support each other. You can email me at Belsicilia~aol.com. We can email each other daily if you like and give each other that extra boost to eat right and excercise!! what do u think? just write me if ur cool with that.

Piera
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 21:45

Progress:

thanks so much you guys. I do excercise a lot I am an aerobics instructor and personal trainer and I play softball and coach soccer so I workout a lot. Thanks so much for the tips. I am so thankful for you guys.

Alaska
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 22:07

Plan: The Metabolic Diet
Stats: 155/149/125 Female 5'7
BF:25/22/16
Progress: 20%
Default HI I need a buddy too!

HI there

If your looking for a buddy i think I may be the one! I too am just started on atkins , tomorrow will be my first day on induction. This will eb my 2nd time trying atklins. I am 25 yrs old, and I want to lose about 15-20. NOt alot but significant to me. I really want this to work this time. LIke u I need alot of support. MAybe we can email each other? If you like write me an email at Belsicilia~aol.com. and we can give each other that extra boost take care hope to hear from you soon

Piera
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 07:54
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey ehill we're starting similiar weight and even though I have 145 for my goal..its just my "not fat anymore goal" as far as BMI goes. I really intend to get to 130. Please save me as buddy and feel free to contact me anytime. Good luck!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 09:12
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hiya ehill, aka, ALASKA!

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!
You will find that you have a whole forum filled with buddies right here!!!!!

You have gotten some great advice already, so I will save my fingertips the typing...but if you ever need help...come to the forum! Also, please feel free to contact me privately (PM) if you need to...I would try real hard to be of help to you if I could!

You CAN do this!!!!!!!!!
Very best wishes:
Happy Jake
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 09:15

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

Jake hit it right on the nails head. You will find so many buddies here. We are like a big happy family
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 10:20

Progress:

You guys are so awesome. I am so excited.

Alaska
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 11:31
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehill
You guys are so awesome. I am so excited.

Alaska

You're starting off with the right attitude!! Welcome to the group. Best of luck.

I used to live in Tok, AK but I managed to escape.

Jeannie