Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 14:31

Plan: Carbohydrate Addict's
Stats: 187/149/115
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Beginning again.

I am 24, 5'5" and 162 lbs. I am beginning to change my life! I did Atkins in 1999 and lost approx 40 lbs in 2 months. I have gained a little less than half of that back, but I have been at 162 for about 2 years now. I decided to make a huge life change. I have started to workout (Just yesterday), I am starting my Atkins induction next Monday, and I have begun tanning. I am very excited about all of it. I can't wait to wear a pair of shorts again! My legs haven't seen the light of day since 1997! I would appreciate any encouragement and ideas on money savers. That was one of the biggest issues last time. Atkins is expensive! I felt great on the diet, and my husband is really helpful in fixing things within the guidelines, but meat is one of the most expensive items in the store whereas potatoes and pasta are the cheapest. ...Anyway that is my only complaint. I am so glad I found this site and look forward to seeing all of the great posts on here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 15:25

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum delraelyn You sound motivated and psyched! Have a good look around the forum when you have a chance, there are some great discussions ongoing, one of which I think you might be interested, The cost of LC debate. Also, be sure to check out the Exercise forums - we have a general, a gym log section and forums for CKD/Body Opus and BFL.

I would caution you, though, against starting a strenuous exercise program during Induction - even Dr.A suggests waiting until you've worked through this period. Your body does need time to adjust to lowered carbs and to burning a new fuel.

Cheers,
Nat

P.S. Wow, I Found a few more links you might be interested in

Grocery Store Shopping
Low Carbing on a Budget
CHEAP LC recipe Ideas
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 01:15

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

welcome!

Some people lose more slowly the second time through an LC program (Another good reason to make it a way of life rather than a diet!) You may or may not--but if you do, just hang in there and be patient. The weight may come off more slowly, but it still should come off.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 09:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/196/135
BF:
Progress: 13%
Wink expensive

When I added up how much Ive spent on sodas and sweets especially at work, I was shocked! I also ate out at fast food resturants a good bit. Now I fix my foods for work and put them in the freezer. And Im going to try to drink more water. I think it will even out. Ive been slowly replacing my sugar sweetened foods and drinks with foods that are on the diet. My husbands favorite is the sugar-free tang, because he loved orange juice. He also loves taco salads, and they travel to work easily. I bought a low carb cook book so I could try some new recipes and Im keeping a list of foods and ingredients I use to help in preparing
low carb meals quickly. and it helps with grocery shopping. I also fix extra and I put the extra servings in my work containers before we eat our meal that way we dont go back for seconds. I hope some of this helps. This is my first day on the actual diet but Ive been preparing to start my diet over the past month. I had to ease my family into it.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 10:08

Plan: Carbohydrate Addict's
Stats: 187/149/115
BF:
Progress: 53%

Thanks for the tips!