Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 11:44
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%
Default Hello/ Some thoughts as I aproach Pre Maintenance

Hello,

For those of you who don’t know me hello there. My name is Gabrielle and I’ve been an active part of this forum since June of 2003. I’m squinting my eyes as I type this but it looks like I have made the decision to move into pre maintenance. My final resting place should be somewhere around 145. Anything over 150 is the red zone for me. My purpose for writing here is two fold. One is to force myself into admitting I’m moving on to pre maintenance but also because I would like to try to generate more activity in this part of the forum. Yes, I have read the posts about why people disappear. Yes, it makes perfect since to me that they would. But it also makes perfect since to not disappear. I understand that maintenance is an individual thing, food choices are always are. But mentally there are some things that we all go through and it always helped me to see that others struggled where I did. I posted to someone’s journal the other day about reaching within 9 pounds of my goal and not feeling the urgency I felt at 250 pounds. I no longer felt my life was in danger every time I looked at a sugar piece of candy and therefor I was having a hard time loosing. The only other person that seemed to hear what I was saying was in my same predicament. OK, I’m going to stop blabbering now but If you are at all interested in livening this part of the forum up please post when you can. I promise not to ask if I can eat this on pre maintenance or complain about gaining 5 pounds because I ate a candy bar: D.
Sponsored Links