Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 16:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/122/107
BF:?/24%/20%
Progress: 73%
Default The vertically challanged

I confess I am jealous and envyous of those who are 5' 3" and up. It just doesn't seem fair that they can be 10-15 even 20 pounds heavier and in a smaller pant size.
Is there anyone else out there who is very short 5'1 or under, who understands how I feel? I mean I used to think "great things come in small packages", but I have to work twice as hard it seems, just to be as equally thin in looks.

I'm trying to find others who want to help eachother to keep going...those who are "vertically challanged" and LCing...

let me know if there are more of us out there....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 18:05

Stats: 166/149/135
BF:
Progress: 55%
Wink I'm 60 inches tall. Do the math 5 ft.

Hi diget77

We started about the same weight. I was 166, I haven't weighted myself today, infact I haven't showered or dressed yet.
I will I promise.
I'm so sick, I've missed two weeks of work. Doing the atkins while under the weather is not fun. I have drank lots of orange juice, but I have little or no appetite, I do eat, but not much. I don't think I've lost, then I don't think I've gained either.

It looks like your doing great, why are you complaining. We didn't put this weight on over night. Keep up the postive attitude.

Summer is coming, get the shorts out, and those stylish summer tops.

I'll see you at your goal. Justbecause, Rebecca
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 18:42

Hehehe It's nice to meet you Rebecca...It's nice to have someone close to my height.
I am excited for summer. I have tried to change my image to be a bit more trendy. I basically have gone to the store and figure, that is something my sister would wear...then buy it..
Sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Hey, sometimes it isn't soo bad..I got sick around new years and since I couldn't keep anything down, I dropped 4 pounds in 2 days. I haven't done that much lose since. :-)
Well, I think this forum has potential and just needs to be discovered. I'm not truely complaining..It's just hard because people I have been chatting with are about 5'3 or 5'4" and telling me how they got into size 5 and they are running 10 pounds more. I have had to fight that all my life, my sister is 5'3 and at 125 she was in a 4 and me at 125 in a 8 (some pants a 7). Well, got to get back to the kids and prep dinner...Pasta casserole for the family and grilled chicken salad for me..
Hope that you keep chatting...these forums are my chance to talk to someone over the age of 4 and in some cases (only over 2)...
Dani
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 13:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkin's
Stats: 120/115/105
BF:
Progress: 33%

So I'm a few days late in discovering this one...

I'm vertically challenged also. I lie and say I'm 5'2". I don't mind being short, but you're right about the weight!! It drives me nuts! If I gain 3 stupid lbs I suddenly can't fit into my clothes anymore. One of my friends is 5'5", weighs 10 lbs more than I do, and wears a size 2!! I wear a 9 if I shop in juniors. My mom's the worst. She's 5'6" and used to weigh 125 and complained that she was soooo fat. At the time, I weighed 120 and thought god, if she's "fat" and she's 4" taller than I am and only 5 lbs heavier, then what does that say about me???

Best of luck to my vertically challenged buds...
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 17:26

See ain't it great to get your frustrations about height out. It kills. My sis weighs 6 lbs more than me right now, is atleast 29 (her waist at halloween) in waist and is in a size 5. I am now a 27 1/2 in waist and 6 pounds less....but because I'm 2, mabe 3 inches shorter...I can just fit into 8s and some 7s.

Purely ridiculous. I can't even imagine 115 nesquita. My goal is 107, but it seems to be taking so long to get there. I admit, I am the queen of cheating. I now have something to look forward to....I am visiting my mom the end of April. I want to get down a bit more before then. She hasn't seen me since Christmas...I think I had only lost 17 pounds by then. I am now down 38 lbs.

I think that the vertically challanged should have a place to go and complain, it is just sickening when others can lose 40 lbs (like off the ww commercials) and look soooooo timy and you can see a major difference. I feel like I will have to lose 60 lbs just to look that good.

Alright, enough with my complaining...I should just be happy to be short!