Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 22:20

Plan: atkins/generic LC
Stats: 222/216.7/155 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Talking Started Induction today-another Newbie!

HI everyone!
I just started today-I already have the headache/ill feeling after just a few hours LOL...I must be REALLY sugar addicted to feel so bad so quickly!!!

I could bitter or crabby about the headache-but I see it as a SERIOUS sign that my body desparately needs to do this, and that I am doing the right thing! I'll get over it in a few days, thats my mantra!

I went thru a severe depression 5 years ago, and in the process gained 60+lbs in 7 months...I don't want them anymore, tried to "lose" them, now I am in the mind set of "giving them up"... No body likes "losing" things... but we don't mind giving things away! So thats my mindset.

I put it off forever because I don't like meat, and eat mainly vegetarian with the occasional chicken thrown in for added protein. When I had a few people around me do Atkins and lose weight, I thought I'd look into it again...I was SO suprised to find so many vegetarian/egg/chicken dishes that I decided theres NO reason not to start NOW! So I went out, got the book, read it this weekend and here I am.

so NIce to meet you all!!!

Barbe
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 22:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/176/135 Female 5'4
BF:31
Progress: 35%

Hello welcome to the forum I too am starting the induction all over again, I feel off the wagon for a while and have gained back some of the weight but no where near all of it. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 16:12

Stats: 210/192/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 26%

Welcome to the forum, my first week ended Sunday,so far so good. Good luck to you
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 16:20

Stats: 168/160/126 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 19%

Welcome to the forum!

I'm just starting week 2. Feel good. Felt crap almost immediately at first, dizzy, sick, headachy, but that's all gone, as long as I don't stand up too fast!!

So stick at it, push on through and soon you'll be feeling great!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 17:13
Registered Member

Plan: SBD
Stats: 182/177/135 Female 64"
BF:a ton
Progress: 11%

Hi, and welcome. I've been LCing for about 3 weeks. I had a bad headache about my 3rd day, it was a real doozy! But it went away and I feel better now than I have in years!! Hang in there, everything will be better in a couple days.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 19:28

Stats: 146/121.5/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hello!
I'm on Day 4, and did feel pretty yechy the first 2 days. But what they say is true--I feel fantastic now! It's worth the wait...
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 17:44

Plan: atkins/generic LC
Stats: 222/216.7/155 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Red face week 3-nothing......

well the first week went ok, 2nd was AWFUL for the cravings...I had to sort of switch to a modified atkins/Zone diet.. meaning having 30-40 grams of carbos Otherwise I would've gone on a binge and thats NOT good! suprisingly my cravings were for fruits and veggies-and the occasional organic corn tortilla chip with my spinach!

But on this 3rd week-I haven't lost anything. I lost 8lbs the first week, lost 2 more on week 2, now on week three-zero...I am in mid menstrual cycle and wonder if that may have something to do with it..... I have gone back to 20-25 grams of Atkins induction carbos so I know that my last weeks "weaknesses" didn't make me gain weight...

Anyone else find this same sort of thing???

Also have to report-the Atkins chocolate bars (one lasted me all week!) are REALLY good!! and I do NOT like the taste of spenda either!

Barbe
Wk 1 = 8lbs gone
Wk 2 = 2 lbs gone
Wk 3 = 0lbs gone