Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 22:57

Plan: south beach
Stats: 220/211.5/174 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default new to this list

I'm just gettingstarted on low carb eating. I've known for a long time that I'm addicted to sugar but wasn't quite ready to commit to a new way of eating. I lost 65 pounds on WW. It took me a long time because it addition to being fat, I'm a diabetic. I had to weigh the value of losing weight and the consequences of not eating enough. I have regained some but not all of the weight (20 pounds to be exact) but since starting low carb eating about 2 weeks ago, I've lost 6 pounds. One of my many problems is that once I get sidetracked, it's hard for me to get back. This happened last weekend when I went to a rib joint with family. I don't care for ketchup but I sure love barbeque sauce! And I need to start walking again. When I was living in Baltimore, I walked nearly everyday-I lived a half mile from the Inner Harbor near Monument Park. Parking is so expensive at the Inner Harbor it made more sense to walk. Plus, the old building in the Mt. Vernon District were so interesting to look at as I walked as were the people I met. We moved to a very quiet, dull area of Montgomery County, MD and there's really no where to walk (plus it's been very cold). I've walked to Leslie Sansome a few time but that gets very boring. I need to quit finding excuses and start busting my butt.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 23:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/199/180 Male 5'9"
BF:52%/ 18% /10%
Progress: 89%

Hi and welcome to the forum
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 07:07

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Welcome, I also use walk away the pounds and agree it CAN get quite boring, One thing is once you can follow along and don't need to listen to her instructions, pop a tape of your favorite dance music into the sterio and walk away to the great music. I also like to vary my music a bit to give me a laugh. I even stick things in like "the tigger song" just because its funny and if your laughing your having fun NOT worrying about the fact your doing exercize.

Keep up the good work, you owe it to yourself to be a new healthy you.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 07:18

Plan: LC/Shangri-La
Stats: 157.5/141/120 Female 5 ft. 1 in.
BF:?
Progress: 44%

Hi Citinoise !
Welcome to the best LC board ever !!

Pati