Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 19:35

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%
Default Some days are better than others

I ate well today, but I'm still over my allowance for carbs consumed, due to supper.

My husband cut up a Japanese eggplant and sauteed it with shrimp for me. I didn't look at the carb count for the entire eggplant (although it was a small one) until I had almost finished, and put it into the fitday program.

Crud!! I was doing so well before that.

Yes, I do realize that the carbs from an eggplant are going to be superior to the ones from bread, rice, pasta, etc., but I don't like it when things sneak up on me like that.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 20:07
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I wouldn't think there'd be that many in it, really... I don't like suprises either, though, so I know what you're saying!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 20:07
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Eggplant isn't too bad. Were you sure to subtract out the fiber?

Things will sneak up on you. Many are suprised to find out eggs, coffee, cream, shrimp, flax seeds, nuts, splenda, and so on all contain carbs. That is one thing fitday is good for. It's a pain in the rear, but after a while you really see where your carbs are coming from.

If you like shrimp stirfries try this one after induction. Sautee or stirfry shrimp with broccoli, a sprinkling of sliced almonds, and unsweetned coconut. Every time I have this dish I get an amazing energy rush and love it
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 21:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/135/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 75%

I guess I found out the hard way. I had never used Fitday before and I lost my first 16lbs without counting. I stalled since September. I started using Fitday last week only to find out I was eating 50-60 carbs/day and almost 2,000 calories. I was eating all legal foods from the list, but not counting how many of them. Since tuesday I'm eating approx 25 carbs/day and less than 1,500 calories and in 5 days I was able to loose the 2.5 lbs I had gained during the holidays (eating all LEGAL foods). So back to 140 and hoping to move down.

Ladybelle, the shrimp stirfry sounds yummy. I love coconut. What do you use to cook it? Olive oil, coconut milk? If you like coconut, for a yummy dessert, I used to toast unsweetned coconut in the oven at 350 for 6-7 minutes and mix it with a pack of Splenda. Sometimes I sprinkled this over ricotta cheese and sometimes I just ate alone. This week I'm cutting back...