Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 06:43

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Tuesday Jan 27

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome who are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 07:09

BF:

My menu was pretty good yesterday - still need to make sure I get more water.

Total calories: 1543
Fat: 74 gms 192 cal 45%
Sat: 21 gms 192 cal 13%
Poly: 17 gms 157 cal 11%
Mono: 30 gms 167 cal 18%
Carbs: 31 gms 31 cal 4% ECC:14 gms
Fiber: 17 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 185 gms 741 cal 51%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
12 ozs coffee and 8 ozs sugar-free breakfast drink with 3/4 T pysillum power

Lunch:
1 can tuna (water-pack) with 1 t french onion dip
1 can asparagus with 1/2 T butter

Snack:
2 oz pork rinds with 2 T french onion dip

Dinner:
3 chicken drumsticks (leftover oriental chicken)
2 cups turnip greens - Old Glory brand which is cooked with ham and fat
6 ozs Blu-bunny sf yogurt (black cherry)

About 80 ozs water, 12 ozs coffee
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 07:49

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Just a quick hello, been in bed with a cold. I go to the doctor this morning or I would still be in bed. I do think I will come home afterward instead of making myself miserable at work. I am caught up and have nothing pressing anyway. I will pop in and let you know what the doctor says.

Hi everyone!

oops....posted to wrong day
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 08:37

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

OK, so it's not THAT bad yet

Cals were decent yesterday in spite of pizza. Had around 1529 and carbs were about 58ecc. I brought in a 5 lb weight to check the new scale for our group. It is dead on. My scale is actually 1/2 lb higher at home.

Feel better Ellie
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 08:46

BF:

Ellie:
Hope you feel better soon. Let us know what the doc says.

Elaine:
Great job on keeping cals in range even with pizza.

I caught of glimpse of you during your morning commute
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 09:37

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 160/148/145 Female 68 inches
BF:24
Progress: 80%

Hi Gang,

Chamellie, sure hope you start feeling better.

Did 30 minutes on the Gazelle glider this am, and 10 minutes with the weights.
My only complaint is I have 2 horrible cold sores, and they hurt like hell.

Anyway, this is my 2nd week of getting back with the plan, and is going well.

I love being part of this group, a lot of nice people

btw heres the scallops recipe:

SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon shallots
1/2 cup heavy cream
6 TLB butter
24 sea scallops (I had medium ones and used 12 to feed me and my hubby) this recipe is actually to feed six, but i like more that 4 scallops.
1 TLB olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

In med saucepan, combine white wine, vinegar and shallots. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated, approx 1 TLB left. Stir in cream and let boil down until reduced by half. Stir in butter 1 TLB at a time, allowing each to melt before adding next. Keep warm while preparing scallops.

Brush scallops with olive oil, and broil under preheated broiler for 2 min on each side or until scallops are opague. Place a spoonful or two of sauce on plate and top with scallops.
I heated a heavy skillet to very hot and seared the scallops 2-3 min on each side. I do better with that than broiling. Either way is ok.

Enjoy, Linda
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 09:50

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the well wishes Just got back from the doctor, GOOD news! Everything was fine on the ultrasound. He gave me two options, 3 months on BCPs or surgical D&C. I opted for 3 months on BCPs He said that 3 months of BCPs act as a non-surgical cleansing. If it doesn't work then I will need to consider the surgical option or see how I do on the BCPs. I start them on the first day of TOM. I have started the off and on again spotting cycle so I guess the next spot will be when I start them. Let's hope this works.

For all of you on the east coast.....keep warm. I just heard on the news that a 3 year old girl survived 5 days in a car crash that took the life of her mother. She ate crackers and huddled next to her mother's body through snow storms and rain storms in freezing temps Happy and sad at the same time. She must have had an angel watching over

Ok....back to bed for me.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 10:29

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Orang, you are too much

Ellie, great news!!!!!!Go back to bed and relax.

Linda, good job!We like having you here too.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 180/148/130 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:unknown
Progress: 64%

Hi All, I just switched back to PP after 5 months on Atkins. Yesterday could have potentially been disasterous, but I put a lid on the carbs and have done well so far today. I saw a product in the store the other day that they claimed could be used in the place of rice. It had 9 ecc's per serving, it was a rice soy grits concoction. It reminded me of coucous in texture. Anyone see it, or use it? I still think 9 ecc's might be a bit high unless you are at goal. Just wondered how it tastes, wouldn't want to get it then hate it. Judy
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 13:31

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hello, all! Hi, Judy! You'll like it here. Lots of personal hand-holding and guidance, but no strict rules. We encourage everyone to find what works best for them.

Well, tomorrow is the big day -- my appointment with a new hairstylist. For those of you who are new, I've been stressing over leaving my old stylist of 10 years for someone new. My newest stress is that my hair has looked amazing for about the past two weeks! I guess it finally got to the length where it's flattering my features better. Even if I make no changes to the style, it still needs to be shaped up here and there. It's been about 8 weeks since my last cut, and when you wear your hair as short as mine (see pic to the left), 8 weeks is a long time.

Also for the new people, I have tweaked in a significant way. For quite a long time, I was averaging these numbers:
Calories: 1428
Fat: 77 grams (48%)
Carbs/ECC: 54/44 grams (14%)
Protein: 118 grams (44%)
Since around mid-month, I'm averaging these numbers:
Calories: 1354
Fat: 98 grams (67%)
Carbs/ECC: 24/16 grams (5%)
Protein: 90 grams (27%)
Some days are little higher in calories, some days are a little lower in calories, but I'm trying to keep the percentages pretty close to this.

I decided to do this because I had been stuck between 165 and 170 for about a year now (not that I've always eaten on plan). I went back through my old Fitday records, and found that these were the numbers I was averaging when I first got down to 152 in 2002. Higher fat, lower carbs, about the same protein (always the minimum, based on PP recommendations).

I've had a bad couple of weeks (check the threads, if you're interested), but am now back on track emotionally. I should be seeing results soon.

Elaine, how stupid of me! I never thought to test the accuracy of my bathroom scale by weighing a dumbbell. I'm gonna go right upstairs and try it. I'll try a couple weights, just to be sure.

How are things going with you, Orang? Any better? Has that list you sent me dwindled at all?