Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 04:05
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/196/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default 2 Problems.....

First, I am having trouble deleting my private messages. I did it once and thought it worked, but when I go back they are still there. And I keep getting a pop-up saying I have a new message and it's one I tried to delete.

Also, there used to be a link above the main board to "View Today's Active Threads." I can't find it. Is it gone? I used it all the time. It was a good way to catch up on what was going on in all the forums. I caught a lot of good discussions I would have missed otherwise.

Thanks, Tamarian, for all your hard work. This is a great board.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 06:22
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDgrandma
First, I am having trouble deleting my private messages. I did it once and thought it worked, but when I go back they are still there. And I keep getting a pop-up saying I have a new message and it's one I tried to delete.

Also, there used to be a link above the main board to "View Today's Active Threads." I can't find it. Is it gone? I used it all the time. It was a good way to catch up on what was going on in all the forums. I caught a lot of good discussions I would have missed otherwise.

Thanks, Tamarian, for all your hard work. This is a great board.

There are a couple ways to delete your PM's. First, there's a delete button at the bottom of each message, so you can delete it when you're done reading it. Or, there's a drop-down menu box at the bottom right corner of both your inbox and sent items folder list ... the Delete option is there. You can just check which message(s) you want to remove, then delete with a single click.

If you're using your browser's Back button to return to previous forum pages or your PM box, you will need to refresh the page. The reason you're still getting the old PM pop-up and seeing old messages is because your browser keeps returning you to the page it has stored (cached) in its memory. So, you need to refresh in order to call up the new page.

There's a link to view new posts and today's posts at the top of every forum page, not just the main page. Have a look in the right-hand column, next to where it says "welcome, xxxx. You last visited ...."

hth,

Doreen