Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-12, 09:51

Plan: Low Carb/Atkins
Stats: 185/179/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Whats your typical daily menu?

Hi ! Im new, and trying to see others' menus and such ! I want to get Ideas so im never bored!

Whats your typical daily menu? Im doing 20 net carbs a day...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-12, 10:06

Plan: Non Specific - Just LC
Stats: 188/163/130 Female 5'4"
BF:46.65%/37.7%/23%
Progress: 43%

Try looking through the Whats for Dinner? and Whats for Lunch threads in the Atkins section. There are lots of ideas in there. There are also some older threads about what's for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you search for them you can probably find them and get even more ideas.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-12, 17:20
LUST For The Moment

Plan: LC/VLC
Stats: 167/139/137 Female 5'7"
BF:5'7"
Progress: 93%

Stillman is certainly more hard-core than Atkins. I have coffee, 1 lb. of turkey, vitamins, and potassium daily. I occasionally throw in 1-2 cans of sardines/week for Omega 3s. That's it. No cheese, no vegetables; they tend to make me too hungry. I find that high protein, low fat, and VLC has decreased my appetite markedly.

Good Luck,
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-12, 18:39

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 430/262.6/215 Male 6 ft.
BF:
Progress: 78%

I start the day out with 4 scrambled eggs mixed with 3 (chopped up) slices of bacon. All covered in shredded cheese. Mmm.

This often gets me through the entire day and when I get home I make chicken, beef (or both) and eat it with a large serving of broccoli covered in more shredded cheese.

If I get hungry mid-day I get some chicken from El Pollo Loco or a protein-style burger from In 'n Out.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-12, 19:18

Plan: fat to skinny - atkins
Stats: 335/285/180 Female 5"5
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi I started in march so far lost 23 lbs. I usually eat coupel of eggs fried or scrambled in butter and bacon or ham or sausage.
Lunch salad with some type meat salad dressing usually ranch, or low carb tortilas make sandwhich or hot dog with sourkraut,
Dinner hamberger patty grilled chicken or pork chop broccolli green beens or cauliflower. Sgar free jellow with redi whip and a lot of water. snacks usually cheese, olives pickles or a bite of meat or boilled eggs. Hope this helps some. and good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-12, 05:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

I eat a really wide variety of foods, but particularly emphasise low-carb veggies.

Presently, I am having an egg salad for breakfast, which I love - I'm trying to include plenty of leaves and varied colours in particular.

e.g. : boiled egg, lettuce/greens, celery, purple broccoli, spring onion, yellow and red pepper, red cabbage, olive oil

For lunch, I have two light courses, to get in more veggies.
A veggie soup, e.g. made with leeks, blue cheese plus celery or mushrooms.
Then usually something light like fish or pate with salad or veggies, e.g. buttered kippers, smoked trout salad, king prawns with mayo & salad, prawn cocktail, smoked mackerel pate with tomatoes, liver pate (home-made), tinned fish - e.g. sardines fried with garlic, herbs, tomato and olive oil.. etc. or something veggie-based, like stir-fried veggies with egg, cabbage noodles with cheese and bacon or cauliflower salad with bacon, egg and mustard mayo, etc.

At dinner, I have a heavier meal, such as curries (Demi's prawn balti is delicious), stews, spiced indian lamb, smoked salmon with veggies, roast chicken, burgers with fried onions & veggies ,etc., and so on..

I also have a supper, like more veggie soup, or a tasty stir-fry of leaves and bean sprouts.. Sometimes rhubarb cooked with stevia.

I have supper because I am trying to increase my nutritious vegetable intake for my health, and adding supper is just another way of incorporating them without shooting too far up at mealtimes - I have trigger-happy blood sugar, so I do have to be careful to keep my carbs at meals under control.

I always have water beside me to drink. I have a cup of green tea at breakfast. I avoid coffee and anything sweet.

Making a vast pot of soup is so easy and it lasts for days. Mushroom soup only takes us about 10 minutes to make. When we make curries and stews, we make enough for 2-3 meals. We make our own pates, so we know what's in them: the liver pate has onions and mushrooms, so I get some extra veggies in there, and we make enough to freeze a few batches, so it lasts for several weeks.

I don't eat processed stuff, I don't eat sweet stuff and I concentrate on trying to find better and more delicious ways of incorporating healthy foods into my diet. I occasionally go off-plan, but it is very occasional, and even then, I only do so with an eye to the carbs and overall calories, so if I have gone off-plan, I tend to be in a position to use up the extra carbs with more activity, and I compensate later by going close to zero carb to use up any excess quickly. The diet keeps getting better and more enjoyable. It really is a lifestyle choice for me - I want to be healthier, and I want my body to work properly and see me into a healthier old age.

Last edited by Kirsteen : Fri, Apr-27-12 at 03:25.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-12, 08:54

Plan: Low Carb/Atkins
Stats: 185/179/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 17%

Thanks for all your guys' inputs! Gives me some ideas =] Thanks again.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-12, 17:16

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

it varies, but right now..........

weekdays-

B- either iced coffee and HnH or a "frappe" (made with coffee ice cubes, HnH, sf torani, and sometimes a little extra chilled coffee)

L- turkey, mayo and sprouts, wrapped in lettuce
4 string cheese
almonds

weekends:
B- coffee, HnH
an omelette

D- i go out- so some kind of fish or chicken, plus veggies, salad
wine!!!!!!! and vodka sodas
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-12, 17:35

Plan: PP
Stats: 171/143/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I'm currently eating quite differently than I did for my first year of LC. Getting these last ten pounds off is NOT easy.

I skip breakfast, except for coffee with cream.

Most days for lunch I hit up a local salad bar. Lots of veggies and either chicken, salmon or tuna.

I do enjoy cooking dinner for my family. It's usually traditional things like pot roast, steak, roast chicken, meatloaf etc. I have everyone addicted to a variety of roast veggies. I do usually throw on a thing of rice pilaf or couscous for the kids. Two glasses of vino.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-12, 20:32

Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

coffee small peice of ham, 1 egg, lunch is usually a salad with bacon. Dinner a serving of meat and broccoli or another lowcarb. veggie like butter fried zuccini.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-09-12, 18:50

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 330/140/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Breakfast is either a protein drink or 2 eggs and 2 sl bacon, depending on whether or not I wake up 'hungry'.

Lunch is 4-5 oz protein with 1 cup of cooked vegies or a big salad with low carb vegies and a vinagrette or homemade blue cheese dressing.

Dinner is the same as lunch, although sometimes I'll shake it up by having 2 cups of homemade chicken broth (I freeze them in pint containers and throw it in a pan to thaw when I want it) with sliced low carb vegies (bok choy, cabbage, etc.) and a couple ounces of protein.

Lately, I've been having a low carb protein shake for a mid-evening snack.

#12   ^
Old Wed, May-09-12, 19:03

Stats: 281/195/130 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi there. I found a ton of good recipes for Quiche's for breakfast, and it tends to last for days and is amazing!Here is the link and a whole menu for days with recipes. I've enjoyed a majority of these recipes, I hope you do too. [http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/induct...tion_menus.html
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-09-12, 23:23

Plan: Atkins - O.W.L.
Stats: 197/172/150 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 53%

Breakfast
- veggies+ eggs + cheese + olive oil or butter / coffee + t tablespoon cream

Lunch
- veggies + fish + eggs + olive oil

Snack - cheese + mayo

Dinner