Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-10-09, 18:12

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 155/125/125 Female 62 inches
BF:21
Progress: 100%
Question Considering CAD

I got interested in CAD by talking to a woman on this forum who, I think, has left us. So, 6 weeks later, I finally get my book from Amazon, and I'm reading through it. It's looking like a very sensible way to eat. I'm already the weight I want to be, but that doesn't mean that I can't figure out a way to further tailor my eating. I think that Maintenance is a good time for me to trust myself to add back higher carbs in a balanced way. Maybe with better results than the pizza feast I just had that is still making me sick 4 days later. (My intestines are still rebelling on that one.)

The only thing that I think I must do that will be hard for me is giving up diet soda. I had to do this while I was losing, but it's a hard addiction for me to give up. The book is right, it does trigger cravings, for me, anyway. This book finally gave me an explanation for it that made sense.

So, anyway, I've got lots more research to do on all of this before I make my final decision. I have "The Carbohydrate Addict's Life Span Program". Any other books I should look at, or will this get me on the right track?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-10-09, 19:03
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
this is , IMHO, the best book to read. I follow this plan,and it is a great way to maintain. If I want pizza (not too often anymore) I will have a large salad with grilled chicken and a slice of pizza- and feel good. Nothing is forbidden so I don't rebel.I also don't feel deprived. I eat just protein and green veggies for the other two meals and always balance the reward meal. Since I am maintaining I do eat more carbs than I did when losing - sort of like going up the carb ladder in atkins.
Read posts and see what you think-
E