Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 11:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190.0/190/140 Female 5'6"
BF:too much
Progress: 0%
Default Hope

Hello everyone. I joined this site a year ago thinking I could do low carb and 2 weeks in I "fell off the wagon" and felt like I could not show my face on here...
So here I am today, resolved to make this WOL work for me. I am so tired of being afraid to wear shorts or look in the mirror. I am always afraid this diet will work for everyone and not for me. I know that by reading the success stories of you guy's that it will help give me the strength to keep this WOL going.
I am hopeful. I have faith in low carb diets and the benefits that it brings. I hope the energy comes soon. I hope the cravings stop. I hope I can do this and be a part of this WOL like you guys. I hope...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 11:54

Stats: 374/297/168 Female 5ft 2in
BF:Um yes
Progress: 37%

Hi Melodyanne, Its good that you came back, I think that most of us had a few test runs before we got it all together for the big journey. Make sure to re-read your Atkins book, and get rid of temptation in your kitchen as much as you can. You have kids and they may be eating carby stuff, but make sure the cereal, cookies, ect.. isn't your favorite kind. Good luck to you!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 11:58
Lets Do This!

Plan: Atkins/ Gastric Bypass
Stats: 346/218/190 Male 5'11"
BF:All Over!!!
Progress: 82%

Welcome back! Your in the right place. We have all been there many times and still struggle daily. We CAN all do this together. Stick with us here and use the support that this site bring to make you successful. If you fall, dont loose hope, just get up and dust yourself off and move forward. If you can not get up on your own, we will help you.

Keep a positive attitude and let nothing stand in your way. Your going to do great!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 12:01

Plan: Keto
Stats: 230/199.1/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Welcome back! Sounds like this is a good place for you. I joined a long time ago but just got active here, and everyone's really supportive. Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 14:21

Thank you guys so much for your thoughts and your good luck wishes!! I will read and re-read this every day and push forward. Can't go back, right? Where do you guys suppose we ever really went wrong? I don't find that I ever ate poorly to begin with but I do know that I have pernicious anemia and tend to be tired anyway so even just a little weight slows me down. Sometimes, at the end of the day, it just looks so nice to cuddle up on the couch with my cat and watch television. I know that is the wrong answer but i am hoping that after some weight loss I will be more energetic. I am not married nor do I have kids so I do not worry about there being extra food laying around to temp me...I am more of a late night eater. Sorry, I am prattling. Thank you guys again so very much and I look forward to this journey with you guys.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 14:23

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome back, Melodyanne

One of our members has a good' mantra' that I often think of:

"Progress, not perfection"

We don't have to do it right all the time, but each right choice we make gets us that one step further along the lowcarb way!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 14:44
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
Welcome back, Melodyanne

One of our members has a good' mantra' that I often think of:

"Progress, not perfection"

We don't have to do it right all the time, but each right choice we make gets us that one step further along the lowcarb way!

Melodyanne, Welcome back!

No need to have feelings of shame.

We have all at one time or another been where you have been and where you are and where you are going.

BTW, I am the member that Eliz is referring to....

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

My other favorite....patience grasshopper.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-10, 08:32

Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

I was a evening eater as well . I feel some much better since I adopted the rule no eating after 7 pm .Now I paint or crochet to keep my hands busy. Welcome back to the board. I,ve just recently returned to posting as well. The change in what your eating should really effect your energy level. For me taking a daily walk even just a short one really bumps up my energy level. I think its that little bit of extra sun on the skin as well as increased blood flow. The treadmill just makes me tired. Good luck , you can do this one day and one meal at a time. Keep a food journal it really helps.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 15:21

Madeyna,

Thank you so much! I will keep a journal. My only problem now is I find I am not hungry anymore like I used to be so I keep forgetting to eat!! How neat is that?!
I had thought that I was struggling so much with the thoughts of ...I don't know, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for example, everynight and throughout the day until I hit the sixth day. I was waking up at night wanting one, wanting one all through the day, thinking about it food all day. Then, about the 6th day it just stopped. Just like you guys said it would. I guess it was just carb cravings. I am so glad to be done with that. Now I do not think about it anymore. I see donuts and sweets and it doesnt bother me. I am begining to feel better each day and I know I can do this. Thank you guys so very much!!!