Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 10:37

Plan: Atkins mainly
Stats: 150/148/130
BF:
Progress: 10%
Question Have you been consistently losing??

With this thread, I'm hoping to get responses from LCers who've been consistently losing weight or inches from the beginning (like Natrushka ). You know...no real stalls or other major problems. I'd just like to know who you guys are and maybe look at your journals (if you have one) for tips that can streamline my plan...and who better to ask than those that have been very successful with it? It seems that so many of us are facing stalls, candida, allergies, etc. (at least at the beginning) that I started to wonder how many of you out there are actually doing this problem-free...thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 11:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Cool Eyes peeled!!!

Hi there,

My eyes will be peeled back, eagerly awaiting to read any replies that might be forthcoming!!!!!!!

I myself am not a consistent loser, although I was for the first couple of months then battled with the same old lbs over a number of occasions. However things are on the move again, I've yet to work out why, could be lowered carbs, don't know, will have to see if the loss is consistent for a while.

Good luck with the research

Banana
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 07:05

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

This should be an interesting thread.

The normal pattern for loss of inches and weight is generally not consistantly downward. There are periods of loss, then periods of rest and/or minor gains. If you work at it long enough though, the overall trend should be downward. The closer you are to goal, or the less you have to lose, the slower it will be in general.

What's nice about this thread is you are looking to learn how the people who are making measurable progress have adapted the plans they've chosen to suit how their body's work. Eveyone's body is different, and has different reactors, but it's alway great to pick up ideas and hints for improvements that might work for ourselves.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 07:35

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have also experienced downwards.. but i also hit platues along the way.. In fact im there now in another platue where I gain a couple of lbs then I will woosh again to loose some more.. I find myself loosing about 8-10 lbs then I hit a platue.. Its been this way from the start.. I can almost perdict them now. lol but they are fine with me. Becacuse during my platues is where i seem to loose more inches ... and my platues dont last no more than 1-2 weeks it seems.. and it always seems to be around the 4-6's in my weight loss numbers...which is is funny because i use to weigh 174 for years then up to 196 for a few more years.. those numbers both contain 4-6's lol.. so when i hit 164 it wasnt a surprise that I hit a platue... last time i platued out at 174 and the time before that i was at 186... I take the platues with a grain of salt and know that my body has to catch up and rest a few.. then its back to work again...I agree with what everyone else has said.. The closer you get to your goal you may find yourself slowing down more and may take a bit longer to get their.. But dont get discouraged if you do...Its natural

Tammy
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 08:40

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelaR
This should be an interesting thread.

What's nice about this thread is you are looking to learn how the people who are making measurable progress have adapted the plans they've chosen to suit how their body's work. Eveyone's body is different, and has different reactors, but it's alway great to pick up ideas and hints for improvements that might work for ourselves.

Yes, Angela...I am so intrigued with finding out exactly what foods my body is happy with and what foods it can't function properly on. I've learned so much from this forum already. I never thought I was truly "sick" before LCing, but now that I've been LCing for months, I realize that I used to feel just plain yucky all the time. Anyway, although I know every BODY is different, it can't hurt to try things that others have had success with, as you said.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 10:52

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%

I have lost 40 pounds in seven months. But the graph is not a straight line unless I plot just the first point and the last point.

My journal will not help as I only started a few weeks ago as I was trying to break a six week stall. That I did by giving up alchohol for two weeks.

I started on Atkins, did it by the book exactly for a three week induction. Lost 8-10 pounds,

I then started adding in more veg, berries, and nuts. Went back to caffeine in my coffee as it did not seem to affect me.

I increased my protein intake after reading PP.

Carbs crept up over Christmas holidays and I gained four pounds.

Atkins Induction again (<20 carbs) in Jan. and lost the four pounds.

Last few months carbs between 15 and 60. An odd pudding and it could be an 80 day.

For me the differnce between a pound a week loss and a pound a fortnight is just one thing.......

My activity level. Weeks when I have gone to the gym or played more golf or walked my legs off on holiday have had a noticeable effect.

The things that have ground me to a halt: whisky, holiday treats, and sitting behind my desk all day.

There has been no magic pill, although I have intermittantly taken chromium and L- carnitine. I take a multivitamin more or less every day.

The search for consistency is the "Holy Grail" If I find it I will be selling it on ShopAmerica or QVC for $59.99. It will be marketed as ...The Rusty Pot of Gold
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 07:24

BF:

thanks rustpot...you've given me some ideas!