Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/185
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question cocktails

A little shy about this subject for fear of teetotalers scolding. I don't have any special meals just know the carb count of foods and try to prepare a menu around such. But I do like a few scotch and water when preparing the evening meal.( A habit I developed nearly fourty years ago when I became a single father with little confidence in my culinary skills.) Am I kidding myself on this diet ? About 15 days now - no belt loss- no weight loss.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 11:37

Plan: atkins( induction)
Stats: 252/124/115 Female 60in
BF:55%/19%/15%
Progress: 93%

I'm sorry to break the news but it is the cocktail that is most likly the culprit in the lack of loss. I like a drink or so on the weekend and I have found it stalls my loss and on 2 occations I have gained 2 pounds just from a couple of drinks. (rum and diet pepci). SO I have decided that for now I am a nondrinker. Which is going to be hard as I have to go out Friday to a pub to see a friend Preform. But I have weight goals I am determined to met. SO happy low carbing let me know how the battle goes. SMuffy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 13:35
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

I have to agree with sMuffy, the first time I tried induction I did all kinds of searches looking for people who had lost weight while drinking wine, and found some who had claimed to do so. I did the induction with the expetion of adding a couple of glasses of red wine a night. No weight loss. At that time I did not have the book, but on flipping through the whitecovered copy in a book store found a section referring to alcohol and it basically boiled down to Atkins saying that 1 glass of dry wine would translate to approximately 20 carbs because of the effect it would have on insulin. So I immediately decided to start again without wine, I loved my wine, but I would love to lose weight ever more. Its not that bad, I hardly notice now that I'm not having it.