Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 09:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/177/160 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Fat Fast - The answer to the stall situation?

WARNING

When to Do the Fat Fast Dr Atkins states "Let me make it clear that the Fat Fast is actually dangerous for anyone who is not metabolically resistant"

See DANDR Chapter "Metabolic Resistance: Causes and Solutions

Probably the most important thing now is to look further into the reasons for your temporary failure to lose weight. The following thread gives some really helpful advice on this issue and is essential reading before contemplating a "Fat Fast"

Tips and Stalls - Weight Lost Stalls and Plateaurs

I'm following the "Fat Fast" right now and have lost 6lb in twelve days.

The 160 lbs target weight I have set is the upper limit of the recommended range for my height. I intend to stay on the "Fat Fast" for another week and then, try and return to the stable weight loss situation I was in before going on the fat fast.

I may be wrong but I am suspecting that I could not cope with the excess calories I was eating on the liberal Atkins Induction. At the moment my weight loss is on a 1200 day calorie input and no carbs at all.

The protein and fat input I reckon is currently about a third to half of what I was eating on Induction.

Propose to re-introduce Induction levels of carbs and include macadama nuts

Would appreciate advice from anyone else who has completed the "Fat Fast" satisfactorily and the way in which they returned to On Going Weight Loss or Pre-Maintenance plans

Some more detailed information on my experiences linked to "Fat Fast" are given in the following threads.

Metabolic resistance and body temperature

18 month stall ended with L-carnitine

(Well I was actually taking L-carntine when I reached my "stall")

It is critical during the induction period that you have the correct amount of carbs - to little and you will go into starvation mode.

In my view the most reliable information for carb contents and nutritional information is coming from food labelling in supermarkets. Where the books refer to slices, wedges, spoon or cups the product labels give the carb content and other nutritional information as gms per 100 gms of the food concerned

For example see the threads on:-

Induction- salad/lettuce question
Spinach - am I getting enough?

Finally would appreciate help and guidance and hopefully success stories of those who have completed the "Fat Fast" and returned to the normal Atkin's Nutritional Plan. Thanks
Sponsored Links