Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 16:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins~Induction
Stats: 176/167/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Thumbs down Tempting food in the house.....

Okay, how do you guys deal with family members' food in the house?? My fiance works out 5+ days a week and can eat anything and maintain his six-pack. So needless to say, he has all the goodies in the house and eats what he wants. And I SEE them all the time.

He says he loves me the way I am and that I don't need to change but if I want to that's up to me. So he's supportive but I see all the tempting food in the fridge, cupboards, etc.

Do you have this situation?? How did you get over/thru it??

Jessica
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 16:59

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

You can always ask him to HIDE it. My boyfriend keeps most of his danger foods in a cupboard so high I'd have to stand on a chair to reach it. That's a pretty good deterrent. If I feel the urge to drag the chair, my willpower often sets in before I bother to do it. Of course, you could ask him to completely hide it.

As for the fridge foods... I don't know what to tell you. The best thing to do is always have an easy Atkins snack on hand and cram that in your mouth when it gets to be too much. Atkins also recommends taking 500-1000mg of L-Glutamine for cravings. A lot of people swear by it when the urge hits.

Good luck! The worst is having to prepare carby foods. Glad I don't have to do that.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 17:46

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

My DH loves his Lindt Excellence chocolate bars and there are always about a dozen of them in the house, right in the kitchen drawer. I haven't touched one in over a year. I feel so good about how I feel and look on this WOE now that they don't appeal to me at all. It's really just a cost/benefit analysis, and the chocolate always comes up short ! Besides, there's Pure Delite bars