Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 11:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/130
BF:
Progress:
Default OK THIS is it - it has got to be!!!!!

I am not new to this forum - but it has been a long time or so it seems and even when I was on it didn't last long.

I have started atkins againnnnnnnn. . . . . please let me make it, otherwise I seem to just get fatter and fatter. I need to look up the recipes - I just get so tired of hamburgers - eggs, bacon, and cheese - (hehehe funny to hear someone say). I remember the last time I was on this diet and lost so much weight - all my chubby friends would say "I just can't give up my bread" and I thought "how stupid - why wouldn't anyone be not be able to do this - eat all you want - but just cut some things out" - now I am one of those people - chubby - no fat - and not doing something about it - well no more no more - I have been just trying the diet for 3 day increments - trying to keep my carbs low for 3 days at a time instead of 2 weeks - seems easier for me. this is actually my 10th day of trying - when I say trying - I mean trying - I had my slip-ups - but I have just been trying to do better each next three days. I don't know if I have lost any yet as I did not want to get on the scale - ok - I lied - I did want to get on the scale but the battery was dead/dying. My husband has a digital camera - I am considering having him take a picture of me every so often to see if I can see weight loss that way - measuring and weighing is just driving me crazy! - well it is time for me to go to work - I just wanted to write real quick to reintroduce myself so yall can keep a look out for me cause THIS time things are going to happen!!! I will write in the journal section as well.

Oh real quick - any good advice on atkins products - I bought the bars and I love (so expensive though) - anything else worth trying that might "save" me should I need saving???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 11:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/155/145
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Other products I like......

Good luck - you should use this forum to get your motivation - anytime you feel like you are going to slip up - write here instead!

I like Carb Solutions Bars instead of Atkins - they are less expensive and I think they taste better. You can get a box of them at Sam's Club - I think I've seen them at most grocery stores now too. I also LOVE the ready-to-drink Atkins Shakes - I store a couple in the fridge at work and home so that I can snack when I need to. They are also kind of expensive, but man are they good!! Also, I've seen a new products of Atkins called Indulge at the health food store - it's supposed to be a substitute for a chocolate bar - it certainly looks the same. I haven't tried one yet - but I may sneak out at lunch and buy one.

That's just a few of my favorites - good luck and keep the faith - If I can do it you can too
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 12:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hi mchll

You have taken the most important step and that is to recognize U need permanent changes. You can do this!!!! Just take it a day at a time and when U slip up dont think" Ive blown it so whats the point" Just pick yourself up and keep trying~~ Good luck
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 14:34

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hi Mchll!

I too need a snack now and then to curb my sweet tooth...it lies dormant I'm sure. Depending on your tastes of course Premeir makes an Elite bar Chocolate Rasberry that I really like and for dark chocolate lovers Dr's Diet has a Chocolate Mint Cookie bar that fits my quick fix and sweet need both, 2C and 2.6C respectively. They don't have the vitamins Atkins does though.
Although I do agree that back to the basics is the best way to curb the cravings (meat w/fat and veggies in butter) I know in a pinch I need a back up plan. It's a WOL and I don's like to feel deprived! Nuts travel well too especially macadamia. Most extras are for after induction though. Peakhealth is one place to look for them.

Best of luck in your quest!

Bsayne