Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 20:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/164/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Question craving something sweet and creamy!

what can i have that is sweet and creamy during induction?

i stopped eating atkin's bars as soon as i heard they were not allowed on induction. is there anything i can have to satisfy a sweet craving?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 22:06

Plan: general
Stats: 247/200/180
BF:
Progress: 70%

I mix about 1 tablespoon of whipped cream cheese with 1 packet of Splenda and a splash of real Mexican vanilla (or vanilla extract would probably work). Microwave for about 10 seconds, stir and enjoy! I do this about once a week and it doesn't slow me down. I will also occasionally mix a bit of diet root beer with cream for a rootbeer float! Both have been ok occasional treats for me!

Amy
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 22:06

Stats: 300/300/195 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I ended up making a lot of iced tea (Thai Iced Tea for me, but it works with any tea). Tea, 2-3 packets of Splenda, and heavy cream or half and half. Usually satisfied my cravings pretty well. Just remember to count the carbs in each!

I posted a recipe/query about Thai Iced tea at this thread. I think I figured out that my recipe came out to 4.5g of carbs for 12-13 oz of tea. Thai Tea is a bit higher in carbs than most other teas, I think.

Maybe check out some of the recipes in the recipe forum? (I haven't looked yet, but I'm sure there're things in there to counter those dastardly cravings!)
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 08:16
Registered Member

Stats: 303/303/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

One thing I have been making for the family is:
1 cup heavy whipped cream
1/2 packet of sugar free jello

Whip the cream till forms stiff peaks then fold in the jello. Place teaspoon size dolops on parchment paper. I then put them in the freezer once frozen I transfered to a container. I got a ton of them out of the recipe I believe the each one was .3 carbs. Make sure you divide the number you get in to the total carb count. Hope this helps.

TTFN
Babybear
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 09:40

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by locarber
is there anything i can have to satisfy a sweet craving?

Hi there.......

One of the difficulties with eating something sweet in response to the sweet craving is that you will continue to crave sweet things. l-Glutamine (an amino acid which occurs naturally in meats) will help with getting the craving under control. If you decide to give it a try, be sure to buy it (usually in health food type stores) in the powder form as it would take too many pills/capsules to get in enough.

If you use the search function here in the forum, and look up l-Glutamine or glutamine, you will find lots of information as it's been discussed here often.

HTH
Marlaine