Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 14:58

Plan: general low carbing
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Thumbs up McDonalds salads

I am geeked to see on the McDonald's Calorie-Counters.net/mcdonalds that the McDonald's Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad has just 3g. of carbs!!!!!!
My husband and I need to eat out tonight - some place fast - and I was in a quandry as to what I could get that would fit into my l.c. plan. The Chef Salad has 5g., but I have had the Caesar Salad before and really felt full after eating it. I guess I will bring my own dressing as I don't know what the dressing they provide will have in it carb. wise. Just wanted to share this with those who didn't know this - (They smile because they are HAPPY!!)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 09:43

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up

One of the only things I buy from McDonalds is the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad which I find to be very very good., I just pick out the carrots, eat 1/2 the tomato and use 1/2 of the newman caesar dressing and it does not cause me any problems and is delicious!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 09:53
~ReFINDing Terry~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%

YUM YUM sounds great! Wendy's has a ceasar side salad that's good too. (no chicken on it though)
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 10:08

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi all....

Under protest, I've had one of the Chicken Caesar salad because a close friend of mine owns several McDonalds. Here in Canada, the nutrition content of the dressing is on the package. I was shocked and horrified to see that it's very high carb so used only about one quarter of the package. If I remember correctly, the whole package was about 25g of carbs.

A little habit I've gotten into is asking/telling the staff in these restaurants that I NEED a low carb version of their product. I figure the more we talk about it, the more aware they will become that LC is up and coming and they'd better get on the bandwagon!

Here is the USA version of the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad which is apparently lower carb than the Canadian version:

http://mcdonalds.com/countries/usa/...Mode=viewDetail

Marlaine
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 14:14

Plan: general low carbing
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

I wonder what the carbs. are for their new del rio salad - I got it, but was NOT impressed!! The gr. beef was almost burned - didn't taste too badly though, it had a side portion of salsa that was quite sweet (carbs.), a shaving of carrot - pitched that, and few grated pieces of cheese, and a ton of tortilla strips - that got pitched also. It is suppose to come with sr. cream, but none in my to-go bag, the lettuce was the same as the others - greens, not just iceberg.

I didn't think salad warranted the $4.19 price, so I certainly won't get it again.

I am going to try to get Wendy's menu's nutritional contents tonight. I love their salads also. Just have to keep a close eye on those dresssings. I get one at school that is very low carb., so I am going to stick with that one.