Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 08:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/193/140
BF:
Progress: 56%
Cool Doing happy dance

Today is the end of week 12 for me. I feel well and I feel happy. In 12 weeks I am down 21.5 lbs A little less than the recommeded 2 lbs a week but thats ok. Its much better than nothing thats for darn sure. There was a week there were I gained about 3 lbs I just got in a funk due to some problems I had. Didn't drink my water.. skipped alot of meals. LOL eat less and gain weight.. kind of doesnt' make too much sense.. but it happened. Anyways been back on track ang doing strong now for almost 2 weeks. Went shopping.. I had to.. my clothes where looking horrible on me.. was practically swimming in them. Its amazing the diffrence a little over 20 lbs with make in your clothes fit. Thinking about giving away my clothes so I don't ever be tempted to wear them again if you know what I mean. Not that I will. Hummm Think I just may do that go threw and get all the really too big stuff out and get rid of it. I'm in 16's now. so I have some 18 but most are 20 and 22 mostly skirts and such since I work in an office with a "no pants" dress code for women. Is there anyone that would be interested ???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 09:07
Registered Member

Stats: 215/210/145
BF:
Progress: 7%
Thumbs up Congrats!

Congratulations Candi! 21.5 lbs is 21.5 lbs - no matter how long it took! I always say its better than gaining 21.5 lbs!!!

I've only been doing this for about 1.5 weeks and I'm down about 5-6 lbs and couldn't be happier and I feel great!

I've got a tough couple of days coming up - my mother-in-laws 75 birthday party this evening and a big tailgate party for the football game on Saturday. Although all in all I find this way of eating less hard to follow on these kinds of trials than any other diet cuz you can have cheese, and protein till the cows come home! I just hope I can stay away from the chips (dips are fine - but I can't use my fingers for dipping!!).

I want to be able to get to that new clothes era and fast! I have a ton of clothes in my closet that are just about 10-15 lbs. too small, so its like I'll have a whole new wardrobe shortly without having to spend any $$$$$

Keep up the good work!
charyl
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 09:11

Stats: 135/128/110
BF:
Progress: 28%

Congratulations on losing 21.5 lbs!!!

Amy
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 09:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Congratulations, Candi! 21.5 pounds is TERRIFIC. And finishing 12 weeks on this program is just as important an achievement, I think. I'm glad you posted that -- it's nice to see how people are doing at different milestones (both time and weight). Great attitude! Keep it going and inspire the rest of us -- and enjoy your new clothes
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 09:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default WTG Candi!!!

Congrats on your weight loss. I found the most interesting thing about low carbing is that the scale may not move for a few weeks but if U try on something that was previously too small it more than likely will fit. way cooool!! lol You are doing great!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 14:51

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

WTG...

Now you need to treat yourself with something new...clothes, purse, hairdo...maybe a massage, or facial...those are all the things I have promised myself. I have the new purse already...got it for my 10 lbs mark...the massage is for the next 10. I don't have to worry about buying clothes for a while...I have a closet ranging in sizes 22 down to 5, although the latter are probably a little outdated..lol. But for every 10 lbs I lose, my hubby is putting $100.00 away for me, so that when I reach my goal I will have one hell of a shopping spree. I have a long way to go...but it is so worth it
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 17:20
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Charyl...my husband was reading over my shoulder and wanted to know what football game tailgate party you are going to. He guessed it was LSU but he thought there might be a few other schools around there that it could be.

Elihnig
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 18:35

Stats: ???/???/???
BF:
Progress: 0%

Does the happy dance count as aerobic exercise?

Just wondering.

Congrats on 21.5 pounds.

#9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-01, 09:51
Registered Member

Stats: 215/210/145
BF:
Progress: 7%
Thumbs up Geaux Tigers!!!!

Elihnig, Yes LSU plays Middle Tennessee - its homecoming so a big game for us in that respect. Weather should be great for football. If you've never been to Tiger Stadium on football night you have missed a big treat - nothing like it in the world. Tailgaters get here on Friday around noon and don't leave until Sunday at noon!

There is food, and booze everywhere!!

Just hope I can behave myself - I'm going to be extra low on carbs Friday and Sunday - just in case!

Charyl
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-01, 10:36

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Candi

You have really done well, Wow! Congrat's. You are where I would like to be Christmas. In a 16. Then I will head for a 12. I am going to throw most of My clothes out,( not throw them out), will give them to charity. I want a new wardrobe and a new haircut. Just a new me. Hug's ,Shirl
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-01, 17:24

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

More proof the WOE works! WEIGH to go!!