Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 01:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/186/155
BF:
Progress: 43%
Smile woohoo

Well ive been plastered to this site for the last 10 days since i started LC , im feeling positive i think my husband is fading away before my eyes doing this!!! typical .hahahahah
So today i bought a set of scales and weighed myself it was horrific ,but im going to give it a few more weeks and see how i go ......i have an awfully slow metabolism and i dont feel like anything is shifting at all ......
anyway im rachel and i just wanted to say hi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 09:01

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hi rachel

welcome here. Dont be discouraged because men always lose faster than women. Im sure U will see the scale move and the inches come off. Dont base your success on his. Base it on how U feel. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 17:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Rachel Welcome!

Gwilson just gave you some very good advice. Sometimes, too, it's hard at the beginning because you're not sure exactly what you're eating. There may be some carby foods -- I had a friend who drank bitter lemon soft drinks thinking that surely they didn't have carbs (they do!) Have you discovered fitday? www.fitday.com It's a free site and you can put in what you're eating and it calculates carbs, fiber, protein, etc and gives you a total for the day. It really does help to write things down -- then you have a record and you can tell what you're actually eating, what weeks work and which don't.

You might think about starting a journal here, too, for the same reasons.

Good luck on your journey!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 21:39

Stats: 209/186/155
BF:
Progress: 43%

thanks guys for your words of support .i have been checking each day with ftday and most days it has been coming in at about 1450 cals so i think i need to eat more but i am so stuffed full already . and the only drinks i have been having are water and more water and decaf ........and only one decaf at that .......ill keep plodding on and see what time does for me !!
i started a journal too .......that feels good