Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 04:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 369/303/220 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default so this is the tripple digit club..looks around

Thanks Liz175, didn't know this board existed, though fairly new to the forum and all. '

(waves to everyone)

Little easier on the eye's when I'm not the only one with over a 100lbs to loose in my stats. But to be honest, I have been really heavy most of my life so you get used to other people always having so much less to loose. Its kind of hard to see eye to eye sometimes.

It's odd, you get used to a world made for a certain weight class, its almost like right handed sissors debate. Fixed table with fixed chairs and booths, Clothes you drive all over town to find, and when you find them its like Bob the fashion impared designed them. We have scales that only range in the 200's and ignorant doctors who still think all heavy set people are lazy and just need them to be mean to us for us to see our folly and now the airlines want to weigh us like cargo? and charge us more for the trip. Yea, you want to know where you can put that plane pal..

I can take that, what really annoys me to no end, is the reason I am in this pickle is because I was lied to. If I had only known the truth about Carbs and had a good idea about true food chemistry I wouldn't be in such a pickle.

So that is how I look a life, I feel I am a victem of bad information, so now I have good information. And yes, you guessed it, all of a sudden my weight problem is starting to go away. Hmmm I must have become unlazy. LOL

My wife is also in the 100lb club which is actually handy, as we have been sharing the same good information as we go and low and behold her weight for the first time in years of struggle with little to no loss is going down painlessly. Look at that, another person that magicly poofed over to unlazy, will the wonders ever stop. (my old doctor must be scribbling maddly in his journel that the cruel chidding about getting more exercise and eat less must have worked)

As you can see, I use humor to balance my life, Though I am fond of people and never jest at someones discomfort. Just wanted to poke my head in and say HI, I didn't want this to be so much about me, but I wanted you all to understand my pholosophy.

I'm sure there are tons of good people in this forum, and over the months hopefully we can become friends, and share a laugh or two

Have a great Day all..
Dave..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 06:13
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

1st: congratulations on your successes to date. 2nd: a little humor helps to ease the tedium of facing a major change in my WOE so I appreciate it. A smile beats the stuffing out of the alternative!
As a new person to this WOE and this forum, basically everyone is more qualified to discuss food plans and exercise than am I. So for THAT kind of advice you need to look elsewhere. For appreciation of good humor, I am your boy!

Welcome aboard.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 06:23

Stats: 278/204/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%
Cool Welcome Dave

Dave,

Can always use a good laugh You're doing great and you have LOTS of company. Keep up the good work .
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 07:29

Plan: ?
Stats: 1/1/1 Male 1
BF:
Progress: 37%
Talking Welcome

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the TDC great to see you, and well done on all your success, keep up the good work.

Graeme
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 08:51

Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Hi Dave!!

Welcome to our club! You have the correct attitude and you are well on your way.

Your ready to turn a big corner soon!!! Keep us posted. We feed off each others' success.

Cheers!

BrewWa
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 09:32
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%
Default Re: so this is the tripple digit club..looks around

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Dave
Look at that, another person that magicly poofed over to unlazy, will the wonders ever stop. (my old doctor must be scribbling maddly in his journel that the cruel chidding about getting more exercise and eat less must have worked)

It's not a joke -- my doctor is doing just that. I had an appointment for a physical on Monday and I tried to explain to the doctor how I had lost over 80 pounds since last year (he had my chart right in front of him documenting my weight lost). The doctor interrupted me and told me how glad he was that I had finally decided to take responsibility for my health and follow his advice about diet and exercise. Nothing I said could dissuade him from the idea that it was his advice -- count calories, watch the fat, and exercise -- that was responsible for my weight loss. I think it is time to look for a new doctor; I am just trying to figure out how to find one who is more open to hearing about low carbing.

I'm glad you found the Triple Digits Club.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 09:40
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 293/281.5/160
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Dave....I love your attitude!

Sounds like things are going great for you and your wife!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 09:50

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Welcome aboard!

Laughter is good for the soul (and it's not a bad ab workout if you do it often enough!). Keep up the awesome work!!

Another humor monger...
Nikki
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 09:52
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Hi Dave.....a pleasure to meet you!

Wishing you and your wife great success with your new WOE.

I have found this forum to be a bit of a lifesaver....or perhaps better said.....a WOE saver. Great group of inspirational people!

Have a great weekend,

Jo
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 11:28

Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Talking

Hi Dave,
Great to have you here, and way to go with your attitude...I agree, tis better to laugh than cry...and how else are we to deal with the goofs in our life if not without humor, otherwise they get us where they want us...down and ground under...
Keep in touch, visit peoples journals, and you and your wife will find scores of people ready to lend a hand, be supportive or just listen if that is what you need. This is a great place, I am so glad I found it.
Talk to you again soon I hope