Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 14:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/218/160
BF:
Progress: 21%
Post Ok Here's One For You.....

I POSTED EARLIER THAT I HAD A BAD NIGHT LAST NIGHT......WELL IT SEEMS THAT DURING THE DAY I AM NOT HUNGRY AND SOMETIMES I ALMOST HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF TO EAT.
THEN IN THE EVENING WHEN IT IS TIME FOR DINNER, I EAT "MY FOOD" AND THEN AN HOUR OR 2 LATER BAM I GET THIS CRAVING AND IT IS VERY HARD TO CONTROL.
ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I CAN DO FOR THAT?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 16:31

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Talking Eating

Hi Starr.

My thoughts are that something in triggering the eating attack.

I know I am use to snacking whenever I sit down to the computer, like a smoker needs a cig right after a meal. Could this be?

Dee

#3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 13:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/155/130
BF:
Progress: 29%

While I'm a newbie to this all, I would suggest just keeping busy. Keep your mind occupied on something so you don't think about food. I like to crochet if I'm watching tv. that way my hands are too busy to eat anything (plus I really like it ).

I hope this helps a bit.

Good luck!

Lesa
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 13:56

Plan: low carb
Stats: 212/188/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default WALK

If you could go for a walk after dinner, it might be a big help. You don't have to be real athletic if you don't feel like it - just a nice walk. It seems to reorient the mind.
When I quit smoking sometimes I would just have to take a shower to get my mind off cigarets because that was the only place I never smoked. Some days I was real clean!
Also, if you aren't eating enough during the day your body may be telling you to feed it.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 15:46

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 270/232/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:Yes, unfortunately
Progress: 32%

I used to have this same problem. During the day I would be fine, then at home, after dinner, I would get just ravenously hungry - sometimes not long after eating. I would feel like I could easily eat anything that crossed my path. It was usually OK after having some olives, cheese, nuts, etc. Thankfully, after about a week, this has changed. I no longer feel this "urge" to eat after dinner. As a matter of fact, I rarely snack any more, whereas this was how I got through the evening.

I did notice that after dinner I was planning my meals for the next day. I'm sure that the power of suggestion thing must have been working - you know, thinking about food, what to make, what to have for snacks, etc. was making me think I was hungry. I no longer plan everything out the previous day - I'm better at keeping "legal" foods around if I feel the urge to snack.

All in all, this urge after dinner has now gone away, thank God! Hopefully it will for you too!! Stick with it

Theresa