Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 09:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.5/185.5/140
BF:
Progress: 4%
Exclamation newbie needs help!!!

Ok. Today is day 6 of atkins. I have not cheated once. Am keeping tabs on my carbs and only went over my 20 by 3 on one day. I only eat 4 oz of cheese or less. My ketostix show purple (light and once dark) but I have only lost one pound. I drink about 64oz of water a day, sometimes more. I want to lose pounds. Can anyone think of what I mite be doing wrong?? Please help, I know I wont stick with this long if I don't see some loss....And I have measured myself, and no lost inches either..
Thanks for your input.
Lenna
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 09:32

Plan: Atkins Maintence with modifications
Stats: 182/150/150 Female 5ft 8 in
BF:36%/23%/22%
Progress: 100%

Some people dont see that much of a weight lose in the first week. Next week could be the week. I didnt think I was losing all that fast the first week and at the end of my induction my total weight lose was 8 pounds. So stick with it !
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 11:04

Stats: 237/178/150 Female 5 feet, 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Lenna! Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're feeling discouraged. I think the best thing to do would be to enter your daily menus into www.fitday.com (if you haven't already) and allow us to take a peak. We might be able to see some things that are holding you back that you might not have thought of (i.e. sweetners, caffeine, etc.)

Don't worry, the weight will soon be sliding off and you'll be feeling sooooo much better because of this WOL!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 13:13

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Lightbulb

You didn't mention how much water you're drinking or your exercise program. These will greatly help you to kick-start your metabolism. As Dr. Atkins say, it's non-negotiable!!

Good Luck, and hang in-
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 13:19

Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5'4"
BF:57.2%/45%/25%
Progress: 58%

Hi MrsW

I just looked at my stats and I lost 5 pounds on the 7th day and by the end of the two weeks had lost a total of 8 pounds which is about average. Hope this helps.

Good luck to you.

Rose
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 13:20
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

This is not a fast weightloss diet this is a healthy way to eat everyday whenever you are hungry and to be satisfied while SLOWLY get to your goal weight.

The slowly teaches you to eat right and patience so this time you keep it off. You will not lose weight everyday. Your body will get into natural stalls where it needs to catch up with the weight it has lost. It is good to take measurements now because usually in a stall (4 weeks of no weightloss) you usually are still losing inches.

Realistic weightloss expectations are 10% of your goal of weight to lose is usually lost during induction then 5% of the remaining weight to lose approx every month.