Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/197/160 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default sick of food

I have been on Atkins for 7 days now and lost 5lbs. I'm finding that I don't want to eat at all. The thought of food is making me sick. I forced myself to eat some bacon and eggs this morning becuase I hadn't eaten in like 17 hours. I don't even crave carbs. I don't want ANYTHING!

I am also having headaches. I take a multi-vitamin, chromiun piccolinate, and l-carnitine everyday. I am assuming that the headaches are from the quick changes my body is going through and change in diet. I check my blood pressure everyday and it has been great. Has anyone else experienced this?

Finally, this is the greatest most informative/supportive fourm I have ever experienced. It will make my weight loss experience a joy and much easier to stick with.

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful posts
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 13:27

Stats: 310/288.5/135 Female 5'6 and a half
BF:too ***#* much
Progress: 12%

I know I experience complete loss of apetite but eat something every six hours to stop your body from thinking that you're starving it! It will stall your weight loss. As for the headaches there can be a couple of culprits. Your body is detoxing and this can be one of the results. Are you drinking enough water? Did you cut out the caffeine, caffeine withdrawl can do the same thing. Most of this will stabilze out in a week or two.

Hope this helped!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 13:32
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Its true... you will feel better about food soon.

Try some healthy things for snacks instead of bacon though. It may make you feel better. And maybe 5 smaller meals instead of 3 big ones.

How about some cut up pepper in good dressings or w/ cream cheese? How about a bit of ricotta cheese w/ heavy cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon and splenda for a kind of rice pudding taste? Caesar salad or I make boiled shrimp or grilled chicken on mixed greens w/ mayo and little salsa dressing (kind of like thousand island).

Ketosis sometimes works against us.... just remember if you don't eat right you don't lose. Your body doesn't know it is your choice and will hold onto your fat in a survival mode.

Try to mix it up... there is plenty yummy things to eat.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 01:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins? Protien Power?
Stats: 220/193/150 Female 5'6"
BF:Unknown
Progress: 39%

My stats are almost EXACTLY like yours! I hear ya in the trenches.... Yesterday I just couldn't eat another egg or look at another slab of meat, cheese or cream without shuttering.. I wanted a piece of dry toast and skim milk. Instead I rolled up some lettuce and ate that on my drive to work. So I hear you about the food aversion. I've never eaten this much meat in my life.

Like you, I will pray that this nausea goes away. Soon. I saw some good shake recipies on this site and am going to try them even if 3 strawberries are not included in the induction stage.