Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 19:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/219/150
BF:
Progress: 14%
Lightbulb Growling stomach...

is it a good sign that my stomach is growling like 30 minutes after I eat??? And can i eat something again seeing as how it is growling?? ALso, my roomie wants to do the atkins also.. are there any personal trainers out there, she wants to lose 50 pounds by June 8th.. I think with this WOE and major exercise she could do it.. what do you all think, adn any ideas or tips?? Thanks so much.. ALso Im new here, any other pro-dieters tips are greatly appreciated.. XOXOX thanks so much
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 23:17

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 50%

I was reading a post yesterday where TrainerDan (one of our resident metabolism experts) was answering the same question. I don't remember where the post was but he was saying that it was a sign of a good, healthy metabolism. In other words, you're burning! And he said EAT!

In my own experience, this happens when I don't eat enough calories overall, don't consume enough fat, exercise a lot, drink caffeine, don't get enough fiber, or eat a simple carbohydrate. Dehydration too, is sometimes confused with hunger. By all means, you should eat (and drink more water). Preferably some fat/protein combination. It's also a good idea to eat smaller meals and snack between meals because you never get a big insulin rush and when your blood sugar stays very level, you lose more.

Moreover, if you're hungry, you're more likely to "cheat" or go on a binge. Razzle, another resident metabolism expert, says that all binges are preceded by hunger. You just aren't naturally inclined to overeat unless you've been through a period of famine.

----

Personal trainers? Why yes. See TrainerDan in the exercise forum. Great guy, full of ideas and enthusiasm. Maybe he's available as an online trainer too. I don't know.

My tip for roomie losing the weight is unexciting. It is: follow the plan. So often I see people try to outsmart the system by doing things like going low-fat or low-cal. It just doesn't work. It shuts down your metabolism. And these people invariably stop losing. Exercise coupled with Atkins/Protein Power is a very potent combination. Most people are lazy and avoid the exercise. They lose anyway but slower. She might also read the "sticky" at the top of the general exercise forum for thermogenics (ie, fat burning pills). Some people are too sensitive but they do work. DO NOT USE MORE THAN PACKAGE INSTRUCTION SAYS. Death may ensue otherwise (no kidding).

For inspiration, read Nat's journal and Nat's gym log. If we all put the effort into this that Nat does we'd all be losing faster -- maybe as fast as Nat.

Lastly, June 8 is going to happen no matter what she does. Maybe she can make it by then, maybe not. But she'd certainly be well on her way if she tried.

Allison

Hope to see you around!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 19:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/212/150
BF:
Progress: 0%

Im so happy, you guys posted this thread because i had similiar experiences of a growling stomach and i thought i was just bloated or winded, but is its a sign that im burning im over the moon, thanx ladies...