Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 08:45

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%
Default Have you ever cheated just to shake up your body?

If so, What happen? I am in a rut and thinking out having a carb fest. I know I can't get back on track after the fest. I would like to know if anyone else has done this and get their thought.

Kat
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 09:45
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

If you can't get back on track, then why risk it?

Have you examined your menus to see if there is anything that can be dropped or added? Have you tried KISS or upping your exercise? Going on a low carb fest may get your weight to change, but are you willing to deal with the concequences if it changes by going up?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 09:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191.2/161.4/140 Female 5' 10"
BF:no clue/28.46%/:)
Progress: 58%

Very good points Ladybelle. I know there have been a few posts on this site about "re-feeds". You might try searching that to find out more...But until you know exactly what you're going to be doing-how many and what kind of carbs you should eat--and what's going to happen when you do, I would probably say don't risk it.

You've done so well!!! Even if you're slowed down right now, I would go crazy for your loss. You know what the Dr. would say, if you're going to go against that advice make sure you know what's coming when you do.

Good Luck with your decision!!! Emmsy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 10:03

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

ive been thinking about it, but i wouldnt suggest a carb-fest. Most people recomment one meal of higher carbs, then straight back to the normal low carb meals. I might have try it to see if i can get away with it here in the next few days or so.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 10:17

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%

Thanks guys. I think I will KISS. I am just having one of those days....
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 10:22
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I went back on carbs for 10 days when I thought I might be pregnant and wasn't sure on what to eat Atkins wise. Well I wasn't pregnant and got back into Induction losing 10 pounds in one week. But now I'm stuck at 252 and trying to budge it by eating more Fats.

I didn't eat on sinfully on purpose, I was just terrified of harming my baby if I was preggo. I didn't know I could eat at Pre maintence levels if I was preggo. I know better now in case I do fall preggo in the future.

Lily
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 10:26

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi

Any time I had a falling-out day, like my friend's wedding, it took me another couple of weeks to get that weight off.

If you want to shake your body up, try the fat fast. It's apparently not very easy to do (have to eat six times a day) but it will get you jump started.

If I wanted a jumpstart, I usually had only bacon for breakfast-- just lots o' fat-- and my cravings subsided and I could start to lose again.

M
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 10:48
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I tried this once — I had breaded chicken fingers, fries and two slices of garlic toast from Guthries. It was yummy, but not as heavenly as I thought it would be, and I gained 7 pounds. Water weight, I'm sure, but it still took a week or two to get it off, and that's depressing! And it didn't seem to speed up my weight loss any after that.

I don't recommend carb blow-outs. If you're truly stalled, drink more water, eat more fat, cut out the low-carb junk food, and exercise more. If those things don't work, then just wait it out.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 11:20

Stats: 185/158/145 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Well.... that pint of german chocolate ice cream I ate Sunday (stress, gotta love it you know) didn't help me any.

But thank goodness I'm only up 1 pound and no cravings whatsoever.

Next time I'm stressed, I'll ban myself from the kitchen and go for a walk.