Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/152.5/135 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 42%
Default Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

Okay I am doing this Induction thing and trying to keep to the letter. I have read the book and now that I can not go more than 6 hours without food. Please see if I'm getting this right:

Breakfast : tea 8:30 AM

Lunch :12:00 to 1:00 PM Workout
Lunch : 1: 00PM eat: 2 hard boiled eggs, tuna salad with mayo and/maybe salad wioth cheddar cheese and real bacon bits with olive oil and white vinegar not to mention 1 litre of water by this time

After work I eat dinner at around 6:00 PM: BBQ meat and steamed veggies or big salad with meat

The a snack about one hour before bed: generally ham and cheese roll ups with mayo and mustard.

Am I okay or should I change it up a bit?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 11:38
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

The "BBQ meat" might be a red flag. Most BBQ sauces contain a lot of sugar, so be sure you're reading labels.

Also, I noticed you're only drinking tea for breakfast. I've found it helps me to eat first thing in the morning. Even if it's just an egg or a few bites of a low-carb bar, having some calories in my stomach seems to get my metabolism going.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 11:40

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

You should probably eat some food with your tea in the morning. Breakfast is the most important meal!

Joan
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 11:42

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I eat 4 meals a day. I always have a protein with each meal. Watch for hidden carbs...sauces or spices in BBQ'd meat or any foods you may purchase outside the home (fast food restaurants). Also, sodium! it can be evil if you eat too much of it and lets face it, almost everything has some sodium in it. I don't follow a fixed schedule but basically I have BF at 7am - snack at 10am - lunch at 1pm and dinner at 6pm. If I have a snack in the evening its around 8pm and very light.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 330/276/150 Female 5' 1/2
BF:WAY TOO MUCH!!!
Progress: 30%

Careful there on the barbecue stuff! The bbq sauce has lots of carbs in it. I've found a bbq rub but it lacks a 'real' bbq taste .
I'm really doing good loosing inches but the scale thing is not gonna happen for me real soon cause I don't have one that works at over 300lbs. but I'm encouraged by how good the clothes are fitting with 'room to spare'!
Keep your ratio of fat the highest or close to the protein count so if you eat more protein it wont get stored as more fat and defeat your efforts. I wasted several days thinking as long as I kept the carbs low that was the only thing I had to watch. But after I read the part in the book about how the excess protein is turned into stored fat if not burned up by the fat we ate that day...I realized I had been overdoing them and 'underdoing' the fats. Atkins never really tells us actual ratios or potion sizes so we have to figure out what works for each of our body types. I can't eat til I'm satisfied...I just have to TELL myself I'm satisfied and do the wait awhile and see if the hunger is really still there thing...so far, I hardly ever really HAVE to have something else.
If what your doing is bringing results then your doing what is right for you.

Good luck in your journey and I'll check back to see how your doing too!
Pat
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 13:28
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Yes, I would eat some breakfast as that helps get your metabolism fired up for the day!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 16:35

Stats: 416/369/185 Male 5 ft. 8 in.
BF:
Progress: 20%

Atkins makes a LC BBQ sauce. It's not bad but a bit pricey.