Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 20:17

Plan: lo carb-HI FAT!:)
Stats: /2/!
BF:
Progress: 13%
Unhappy what do you eat at the continental brakfast?

Hi all! well i went out of town for the weekend with three other ladies. our hotel offered the typical continental breakfast of CARBOHYDRATE HELL. I was so hungry i ate. not alot but just enough to blow not olnly one day but two! being with 3 other people i could not complain about the "free breakfast". So everyone be warned! and prepared, i was not. now i have to start all over, AGAIN!
BUT! TOMOROW IS ALWAYS FRESH , WITH NO MISTAKES!
Julie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 20:33

Plan: shangri-la/lowcarb
Stats: 185/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%

I have been in the same spot it is awful I'm afraid I didn't do very good myself. Good luck Pat S
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 22:24

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

i travel alot, the one thing i learned is to bring my own breakfast!!! contental breakfast is nothing but bad!!! i would love to see the day that eggs and bacon/sausage are included in the "contental" breakfast!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 09:38
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Amen, I too, travel and the continental breakfasts are just a carb fest. Best to bring a premixed shake (Atkins cafe au lait isn't bad), pour it over ice. Better yet, get up early and treat yourself to a hot breakfast somewhere else!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 11:23

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Those things grossed me out even when I was eating carbs. I watched them "clean up" one day. All the un-eaten bread just went back in the bag. For tomorrow, maybe? How long is the stuff saved? How would you know? Those usually aren't restaurant folks managing those things and I have no idea what standards they are supposed to meet. I agree with whoever said take your own (nuts, jerky, shakes).

Cindy
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 11:25
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Continental breakfast is rolls/danish/donuts and coffee.... sorry but the only lc thing is coffee...
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 13:31

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%

Continental breakfast is the arch enemy of the LC world. It is a WMD to our WOL.

Come to England for a proper breakfast. The full monty cooked English breakfast.

From superior hotels to the humble bed and breakfast I have sampled Succulent sausage, bacon, eggs and cooked tomato. No need for the toast and leave the fried bread.

Or how about Finnan haddock poached in milk with butter and a poached egg on the top.

Then again there is nothing finer for breakfast in England than smoked kippers swimming in butter.

I was faced with this continental disaster of a breakfast in my recent trip to Key West. The only saviour was a bowl of hard boiled eggs.

There is nothing elegant or quiet about eating hard boiled eggs. I disturbed the tranquility of the garden breafasters by my imitation of a woodpecker....tapping my egg on the table.The mess is... messy. If the eggs are over cooked the middle is a dry crumble that takes forever to swallow.

The trick is to take a bite of egg, swallow a mouthful of coffee and repeat as desired. Boy did I repeat. Stay upwind of me after breakfast
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 13:37

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh, yum! The English breakfast sound like a reason for a trip!! Where did you guys get the rep for bad food? Although, I do blanch at steak-and-kidney pie. I know, I know - this from the country that gave the world fast (pardon the expression) food.

Cindy
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 14:19
Registered Member

Plan: The Zone
Stats: 207/200/180 Male 170 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 26%

I never travel away from home, without having some protein powder and some nuts in the bag. It has saved me a couple of times...
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 20:23

Stats: 220/220/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:too much
Progress: 0%
Lightbulb

I say skip the cont breakfast and go out.