Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 05:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/163.1/135 Female 5'2"
BF:don't know
Progress: 3%
Default new member

Hi I'm new to this group. I have been on Atkins induction and then fell off the wagon with a horrible binge over the labor day weekend. I jumped back on Sept. 2nd. My body is still adjusting for my mistake. I know now that I can't do the "just a break thing". I had lost about 13 lbs. but gained a bunch back. Yep sugar sticks to me like glue! I then thought I would well you know (since I was down) blamed the diet not myself. So I went out and bought the South Beach Diet book. Read it and realized that this was not going to work for me. Seems there is way too much sugar abuse in that book. Unless I'm reading it wrong? Anyway I'm not bashing that book. Just don't think it will work for me. I decided to stick to the Atkins plan and here I am. I figured I needed some support this time. So I have been pretty much Carb free since the 2nd. and plan to stay that way.
Xcarbqueen!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 05:51
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Welcome to the forum! I think it is easier to stick to any plan with the help of a support group, so hopefully comming here will help you.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 06:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 275/263/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Carbqueen,
i know what its like to fall off the wagon (several times :cry but I look at it like this tomorrow is a new day and I will do my best to start over. I hate the saying that its easier puttin it on then getting it off. But sadly its true.
My next door neighbor and I became really good friends over the summer since were both stay at homemoms. We started walking at nite after the kiddies were in bed and started out walking 2 miles a day, in about 30 mins. I feel great afterwards!! I havent lost but 10 pounds but the inches are comin off like crazy, so that counts for something.
Anyway I just wanted to tell you good luck and keep LC'n and keep post'n. - Karen
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 09:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/163.1/135 Female 5'2"
BF:don't know
Progress: 3%
Default Thanks

I know this is what I need to do to bring back my self esteme and feel better physically. I can't believe I fell off. I was doing so good. I still have this darn stomach though, but it was starting to get smaller.
I have spent most my past years hanging with my friends cooking and drinking in the winter months and then camping and fishing and of course having a few of the (devil) beer!!!!! I couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scale on August 13th. I'm 5'2" and the scale read 150! I about choked! That is when I started Atkins. I'm one of those people that if I don't see a change in a short period of time I quit. Figure I can't do it. This diet gives me those results that I need to start with. Problem is changing my habits with the friends. It is the hardest thing actually. I cave in when I'm with them. I had a heart to heart discussion with them Monday night and they never understood how hard this is for me until now. They have decided to give me a little support this time around. Thank goodness. Well, thanks a ton for your support and welcoming me to this great group. I hope to be a help to others here also!

xcarbqueen