Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 11:53

Plan: low carb/ protein power/modified atkins
Stats: 115/95/95
BF:
Progress: 100%
Unhappy HELP!!

Ok, so I just went totally overboard this morning and ate so many of those pesky sugar-free, low carb chocolate products. I am having SEVERE stomach cramps and pains. Anyone have any advice? I am so desperate, I feel absolutely terrible. Is there anything I can take to help or counteract this? Please!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 13:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Lightbulb

Oh dear.

Firstly, I've moved your post here from LC Products to General LowCarb Support, because this isn't really a product issue, but a sort of addiction and general help issue.

Secondly, I'd recommend whatever you have found that helps you heal from diarrhea/stomach upset in the past (cuz that's what you've done by overloading on sugar alcohols, it sounds like). Sugar alcohols are lower carb and lower calorie, technically, because they do no fully digest (no enzymes for these little molecular constructs). Ergo: gas, cramps, diarrhea. Pepto-Bismol? Milk of Magnesia? Gaviscon? Me, it "passes" as it must, and I supplement with yogurt and/or buttermilk to help the stomach and intestines heal.

Thirdly, and very importantly, you must consider facing up to a serious sugar/chocolate addiction, physical and/or mental, that's causing you to waaaay over-indulge in something that will cause you such pain. It won't be easy, but it must be done. I'd recommend, if possible, cold turkey abstinence from all sweets. It's complicated but it's the only way I know of to avoid triggering binges like this. There are, without a doubt, others here who may be able to help you more in dealing with this issue.

I wish you well!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 09:10

Plan: low carb/ protein power/modified atkins
Stats: 115/95/95
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanks so much Judi for your reply! I'm feeling 110 times better today, and I am sooo done with all sweets. I can't even look at them anymore after yesterday! Ughh, guess it was a lesson well learned. Thanks for your help
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 11:52
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Exclamation Also be careful of soy

I found I had a soy intolerance in a similar manner that you experienced! Oh the pain! I found when I ate bars without soy it didn't bother me so much. (I am also intolerant of alot of chocolate).