Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 13:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275.0/220.0/185.0 Male 72.5 inches
BF:??%/25.7%/??%
Progress: 61%
Default How Reliable is the Spit Test?

I did the spit test this morning. I'll tell you this, it was rather gross. The glass of water got real cloudy, I got the "jellyfish tenticles", a rather large number of particles that were floating in the middle, and an accumulation of cloudy saliva on the bottom.

Do I have a candida problem?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 09:58

Plan: Atkins, Perricone, my own
Stats: 157/144/120 Female 5 feet 1 1/2 inches
BF:do/nt/no
Progress: 35%

What is the spit test?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 16:54

Plan: Atkins, Perricone, my own
Stats: 157/144/120 Female 5 feet 1 1/2 inches
BF:do/nt/no
Progress: 35%

I read up on the spit test. Sounds like you might have a problem. I have yet to try it myself.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 11:55

Plan: The Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 185/142/145 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabookitty
I read up on the spit test. Sounds like you might have a problem. I have yet to try it myself.

straight from an MD...spit test means pretty much nothing. mucous-y spit can be caused by many different things including dehydration level, what you had for dinner 24 hours ago, stress, etc.

go to your doctor and have yourself tested thoroughly for everything that could possibly contribute to your specific symptoms. would you trust a self-diagnosis you suspected you had cancer??

candida seems to be the next big MLM craze and the spit test has undoubtedly increased sales of crap purported to get rid of it....get it now?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 23:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/158/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 28%

I did the spit test a few weeks ago. Since then I have taken the Oil of Oregano for a couple weeks. Just did the spit test yesterday and still have a cloud at the bottom and a few floating particals but it looked better than the first spit test. I will try it again in a couple weeks as I'm still taking the OoO
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 22:06
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Plan: Keto Clarity & Atkins
Stats: 262.5/257.6/180 Male 5'-11"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Candida is a very common bacterial flora (it also exists outside the human body in many places) - you need it in your body, however, sugar causes an IMBALANCE of it; an over-growth.

I think the spit test is meaningless. Any test for the presence of Candida is meaningless. This is why there is so much debate about this in the medical field.

I must say though, the symptoms are VERY REAL. I got my problem in check last year after giving up on tow of my own attempts to fix it and I got help from my Naturopath.

There are lots of Candida "theories" out there. Read lots and lots before you do a program to get it into balance again.

Tom.