Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 15:23

Plan: Atkins, SB
Stats: 215/215/175 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I saw my Doc today

I went for a follow up appointment today. I saw her six weeks ago and she was amazed by my weight loss today (Of course I'm still less than satisfied). She said that she would assume that my blood work would not change much in six weeks but was willing to order it as an experiment. SHe was really interested in my low carb experiences and we had a great talk about it. Now, want to hear the ironic part. She retires on Tuesday. This board is full of folks who talk about Dr.s who are less than understanding. I finally find a good one, and she immediately retires. However, she's pretty young, and I think she will practice again in the future.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 15:29

Plan: was Atkins now SB
Stats: 200/197.5/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:42/42/23
Progress: 10%

Too bad she's retiering. My Doc is great too, I told him I was doing Atkins and waited for the blast BUT instead he said that he liked the Atkins WOE and not to worry about my cholesterol or anything like that!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 16:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 252/230/165 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 25%

I also saw my doc today. She was really impressed that I had lost 19 pounds since my last visit, and was super supportive and encouraging about Atkins. She told me to stick with it and get where I want to be. Her only caution was to stick with the whole program and not just go back to eating anything and everything after I reach my goal. Which was a wise caution, but I planned on sticking with it anyway.

On the downside, she also told me that I have a torn rotator cuff and I can't do anymore upper body weight training. *sigh* that was my favorite part of the workout!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 18:12

Plan: Healthy Eating
Stats: 200/193/170 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Observation

I noticed an observation on here about Doctors. Seems like the women Doctors are much more understanding about the Atkins program than the men.

I already plan to tell my man Doctor that I am following a low carb program and omit the word Atkins. Seems like when you say Atkins Doctors seem to freak.

Although...what cracks me up is that they're thrilled sh*tless when you go back in in 3 months and your cholesterol/triglycerides/glucose are all normal whereas before they were through the roof. Then all of a sudden they want to hear about how you did it.

I really wish I could find a decent Dr--one who doesn't judge and would work with me. So hard to find around here. I've had the same luck around here with good Drs that leave the community.

Glad she thought your progress was great..good job!

"T"