Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 01:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/223/120 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default new member

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am excited about it. I hope this helps me stay on my low carb diet because I really have a hard time of it. I do pretty good for about 2 weeks and then I blow it. I'm also diabetic and in denial about that, which of course is not a good thing. Well, I'm glad to be here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 03:02

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Welcome K! Glad you found your way to this forum. You will find many inspiring ppl here. You're right about the denial being a bad thing. It is very important to take care of your diabetes and low carbing is an excellent tool for doing just that. When you get to the point where you think you're going to "blow" it...there are many people to call on for help here. It's a hard journey, but we're all on it together!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 17:58
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Hi K, welcome to the forum. I feel your excitment, but just remember it and why you are excited about it and that should get you passed your 2 week point. Start a journal and post all the reasons that brought you to the forum and LCing and keep reflecting back to it everytime you want to cheat. Good Luck!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 00:48

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Welcome this is a great place for support, motivation and education. Great to see you here.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 01:09

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%