Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 14:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/215/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy I'm so disgusted with myself

I'm so disgusted with myself. I've only been on the diet 3 weeks and I cheated. My husband was away for the 4th year in a row (we've only been married 4) on our anniversary. I was here for 2 weeks with a preschooler and a toddler. The toddler broke his front teeth down to the nerves. I didn't go for the comfort foods. I was strong and said I was doing good and I wasn't going to mess that up. I've been sooo proud of myself. Then what do I do? My husband comes home and says "Let's celebrate our anniversary." I say "I don't want to cheat on my diet." We go to the Steak House and it says "Sorry, we are permanently closed." We go to the next steak house and it says "Closed due to fire." At this point I'm so hungry I feel like I'm going to throw up and the nearest place to eat is a pizza place. I ate 2 slices of pizza and had a fruit punch. Then I came home and had 2 glasses of wine. I didn't even enjoy the food, the drink was too sweet and the pizza just didn't taste as good as it used to. Why wasn't I stronger? I feel like I gained 5 pounds in one evening. What worries me the most is now I have a craving for popcorn. The one thing that I truely think I'm addicted to and have managed to stay away from for almost 3 weeks. I haven't had any cravings for anything in 3 weeks and now it's starting and all because I screwed up one day. You're probaby thinking "It's just one day. Get back on track." But, I had already woke up this morning and noticed no change on the scale and it had put me in a funk. I went from being really enthusiastic about the diet to feeling like I am going to be fat forever.

I'm sorry for rambling on. I just really needed to vent.
mthrmayi2
Sponsored Links