Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 10:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/195/135 Female 5'1
BF:Blubber
Progress: 0%
Wink I feel good today =)

So how great is this? As I said yesterday I intend to leave all the crap behind.........So this morning, feeling good I made myself the bestest breakfast...How does this sound.......

2 Hardboiled eggs
4 Turkey sausage links
3 Pieces of Morning star farms Meatless bacon strips..
all covered in atkins maple syrup stuff ( i love sausage and bacon with syrup hehe)
and 1 cup decaf coffee with spenda and cream

I think I did pretty good.........for lunch I am gonna have a salad with turkey and ham, with cucumbers and ranch dressing

And for dinner I am gonna have Satueed chicken tenderloins with mushrooms and a a dab of butter, with a homemade alfredo creamy dipping sauce, and some broccoli spears with some alfredo sauce on it =)

As for snacks, I will probably have some sunflower seeds, walnuts, or SF Jello.......

So if i kept a typical menu like this, how do ya think I would do?
The turkey sausage is nitrite free and tastes pretty good, but has 2 carbs per 3 links, instead of reg sausage which has 0-1..........and the meatless bacon has 2 per 2 slices and 1 fiber, so basically like 1 per 2 slices instead of 0 for real bacon......

I like the breakfast I made, and I could prbably mix it up over the week with different egg styles, and stuff, and having a salad for lunch is fine with me, I can add difffernt stuff to mix it up too....
As for dinner it will always be either satueed chicken, hamburgers, ground beef, or turkey burgers, usually with asparagus cuts, broccoli, or spinach, or yellow squash with butter as the veggie, and snack will be nuts of some sort, or seeds, or SF jello with whipped cream.....

Just revaluating my menu, so I can do this right =)
Weighed in for my weekly weigh (say that 3 times fast lol), at 235/236 this morning, so I guess I can say im down 1-2lbs from last week.......

My loss is still not extraordinary, I am on week 6, and I have lost max if even 10lbs to date..........I decided I am dedicated to this woe, but when I have time planning meals and such makes the difference..I just wanna make sure I am eating the right stuff, and damnit I want the lbs to start moooooooving

SO what do ya think? input input input!! I want your secrets!! All of you losing like 20 lbs a week tell me tell me!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 10:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/220/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:too much
Progress: 0%
Default looks just ok

I would say more dark greens, and meatless bacon??? That sounds awful but that's just me. Also, I hear that sausage usually has sugar in it.

And are you getting your water in?? Drink LOTS of water! That's one of the secerets.

Also, I would try to break your sweet tooth. Even though the SF jello is SF, it might keep the cravings raging. Same with the maple syrup. Maybe just try and go with out those for a long time and see how you do.

And are you hypothyroid? (I am ) Hypos typically are slower to lose. Regular excersise helps.

Anyway, I feel pretty good today too!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 12:07

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Hi Toeie!

I think your weightloss is devine considering the um...let's see....pizza(!), cake(!), matzoh soup(!)

Just imagine if you do it CLEAN?!

And, I too really loved the fake bacon! Real bacon is such a hassel to cook!! What a mess. I stopped the fake stuff for a while because of the carbs.

I'm with Shelley about the sweets. It doesn't take long to actually get those cravings outta your system if you go without. Jello and stuff tends to keep the cravings raging for me - seems you, like me, have a bit of a, shall we say, SWEET TOOTH to get over?

Today is my 9th day without any sweets (fake or "real") except, always with the EXCEPT(!) a bit of the pancake syrup and 2 diet colas sweetened with Splenda (one was while travelling outta town - I'm not usually a soda person). Considering my former fruit and other sweets additions...this WOE is incredible! I seriously had a hard time going a day without that stuff before.

Anyway, glad you've decided to stick with it. Yo-yoing is not good for your body or your brain (GUILT - yuck! no thanks!)

You really must believe that you are a strong person and take responsibility for your choices on a moment to moment basis, one day at a time. I know you can do it!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Jinx