Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 08:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/158/150
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default ice cream

hi all its been awhile since I have posted. But I do read all the time. I have a problem and was hoping someone could help. I have been eating this way since Jan. 22 and love it. but for the last 6 weeks nothing. no weight loss. but still have stuck to it latey its to the point im eating ice cream once a week for the last 2 week. i dont gain and I dont loss either. Im so frustrated. I know I should just stop eating it. Ok as of this min. I will not eat ice cream. I guess I just needed to write it down thank you all. I think I have the will power to keep on track.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 08:48

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

waterh2o

Check out a LC ice cream recipe or you can order it here.

http://www.synergydiet.com/ketoicecream.html

I don't know what it tastes like but it's better to eat that than the real thing, you don't want real icecream to lead to other high carb food cravings. You've done so well since January - keep up the great work.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-02, 14:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/199/130
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Low Carb Ice Cream Recipes

There is a low carb luxury newsletter and this month it had ice cream recipes in it. If you have an ice cream maker, (they're relatively cheap) you might want to try making your own. The first recipe is one that I swear I've been calling my $50 ice cream recipe because I had to buy a bunch of stuff I didn't have at home, most of them through the mail, but I want to give it a try. I believe the website is www.lowcarbluxury.com. If you're interested and can't find it, let me know and I'll dig up the exact web site for you!

Here's the link that'll take you directly to the site. I made the Philadelphia ice cream the other night, put servings in paper-lined muffin pans to complete freezing. Very convenient, and very good, too!

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/newsle...3-no10-pg6.html
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 23:41

Stats: 159/145/135
BF:
Progress: 58%

Yes there are LC icecreams (listed above). It is better for you. You should pretty soon start losing weight, if you are following the steps. I wish you good luck!

SooCee
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 07:14
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile

There's a collection of home-made low carb ice cream and sherbet recipes posted in our Kitchen forum, in the Sweets and Treats section. Check out Homemade LC IceCream, Sherbet and Ices. There's a great discussion, and ideas for making your own with natural ingredients .. no preservatives or sugar alcohols.

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 14:36
Registered Member

Stats: 196/185/150
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hey WaterH2O!
You have been doing great so far! I am pretty new to this woe, but from what I have read...hang in there and you will be "a loser" soon. That ice cream is like those "ancient sirens from a mystic sea calling out to lonely sailors". I keep looking at the box it comes in and can't figure out how it keeps calling my name!!!!!!!LOL. I gave in last night after 2 whole months without ice cream. I had about a cup and boy did I feel like crap right away. And this morning I got a lot of reading done in my "office". Lol. Do you think I learned...I hope so.