Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 14:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 68/62/55 Female 5foot0inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Advice on cheats and aspartame in UK

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here - have been 'lurking' for a couple of weeks, but finally got up the courage to reach out. I have to say thanks to everybody - this is a fantastic support group!

I've been on induction level carbs, religiously sticking to less that 20g per day, now for just over two weeks... I wish I could say how much I've lost, but I don't own a pair of scales and prefer to measure myself by dress size (I have gone down from a UK size 16/14 to today I just about squeezed into a UK size 12 jeans) YEAH! ... But given that I am 5 feet tall, have a way to go yet.... but I am committed to making my life generally low carb on a long term basis as it gives me so much energy!!!!

I have a few questions I'm hoping you can help me with:
1) I am going on holiday to Rome for 10 days soon (in 1.5 weeks) and do not want to be 'carb counting' all the time when I am there - i tend to become quite obsessive and I am in desperate need of a holiday so just want to kick back and relax... but I don't want to have already gained back all the weight and be depressed by day 2 of my holiday!

Do you think the best way to do it would be to, say, allow myself 100g carbs per day or something like that (not on all days, but treat that as my 'allowance') and then cut back down to induction level carbs on my return?

I just know that if I don't allow myself some leeway I will end up 'binging' (I love Italian food, all those pastas and pizzas yum...) and hating myself and feeling guilty the whole time.... but I don't want to undo all my hard work and don't know how best to go about it...

I know this makes me a 'cheat', but I have to be realistic and 'fess up to my weaknesses....

2) Does anyone know of any non-aspartame diet sodas available in the UK - I have looked everywhere and can't find any.... (I am usually a diet coke adict!)

Thanks in advance for your advise
Sponsored Links