Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 11:40

Plan: Atkins Induction... AGAIN
Stats: 160/160/120 Female 5ft 4in
BF:41
Progress: 0%
Default bleurgh... horrible weekend.

Had a bad bad weekend.

My friend came home from a 2 week stay in Canada, and managed to talk me into eating pizza - I really need to stop letting people influence me in my food choices.

Then my Great Grandma died on Saturday night, I was told sunday morning

Tried to get back track today - but Im so distracted by everything thats happening in my life at the moment that I threw cornflour into my sauce to thicken it up !

Anyhoo. Ive also noticed that in the 3 days that Ive been off track, Ive experienced bad bloating, stomach ache and cramps, and err, the need to run to the toilet very often. For years Ive been this way - and now Im starting to think it was due to all the procesed, carb rubbish Ive been shoving into my body. .
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 11:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/263/200 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 3%

Don't let things effect you. I ate a chocolate chip cookie this weekend ... and today I back on fresh salads and meat. You can get back into the swing of it!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 12:01

I shall be straight back on it tomorrow, I plan to type up the carb values of all the veg and salad I have in my fridge, print it out and stick it on the front ! So I can just grab things at a glance rather than spending time each night planning what to eat the next day.

I have some yummy salmon in my fridge, going to head over to the recipes board to find something to do with it !
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 13:32

Plan: Keto
Stats: 194/159/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

It is all part of the learning process. Now you know what high carb foods do to your system, you will not do it again soon.

The list on the fridge is a good idea. I actually have a list of things I like to eat with carb counts on my computer. Whenever I try something new, I look it up and add it to the list before I eat it. It helps a lot.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 13:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/148/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I look forward to and love pizza night! I order a side salad then scrape off the toppings of 2 slices right on top of the salad. I may get funny looks or silly comments but I never feel like I'm missing out.

Good luck to you!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 13:44

Plan: low carb-atkins
Stats: 280/170/150 Female 5'8
BF:40/27.5/22
Progress: 85%

We all have THOSE days...and we have all "fallin off the wagon"...get back up..do not dwell on it...It takes time to change how we eat and deal with life's struggles...
I am an emotional eater so I can totally understand what you are saying.....
Keep positive!!! You can do it..
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 13:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/199/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

I fell off, too - went to a beach wedding Saturday, and while I was able to stay low carb with food (plenty of lovely cheese and deviled eggs), but ah, the red wine. That and the berries and dark chocolate are the only things I miss on induction. I'll have to be very careful in OWL not to overdo them
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 14:24

Thanks for the replies

Ive just got the ultimate motivation - my friends fiance(fiancee?) just asked me to step in to be Chief Bridesmaid at her wedding - in 99 days time !

The groom is the one I am friends with, long story but we went through something not very nice together and it really bonded us as friends, theres is a whirlwind romance so to speak, and now I have to slim down for a wedding !

Its taken the edge off the upcoming funeral.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 18:31
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You might be gluten intolerant. Certainly the rushing to the loo is a good indication that could be the issue.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 23:52

Nancy... Is that true? Ive been like it for years, and I used to be so bad that the first thing I would do whenever I went anywhere is look for where the toilets were just in case I needed to dash off... Maybe I should visit my GP and see what he says? Also, at times, the stomach pain is so bad its like the early stages of labour... Which to me, labour pains arent -that- bad when youre in labour, but to be in that level of pain just on the toilet... Is not fun at all.