Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 09:01

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 199.5/153.1/150 Female 5'11"
BF:36.3%/28.5%/27%
Progress: 94%
Default Riddle me this... stalls & ketones

Okay...so many of you have experienced stalls. I believe I am right now. For the last 10 days the scale and tape haven't budged. My clothes fit the same. And I really KNOW that I haven't lost anything (funny how you can feel it).

I don't know what's causing my stall as I haven't changed anything (except trying a piece of locarb bread this week and having some locarb tortillas last week). I'm still working out 4-5x per week, and eating all my veggies and NOT CHEATING AT ALL!

Even though I'm not losing anything, inches or pounds, my ketostix show that I am still in ketosis.

Did y'alls sticks remain pink during stalls or no?

I'm thinking of doing a refeed but I dunno if that will help in my case. I was losing about 4.5lb per week for 3 weeks during induction and bam it just stopped. I guess it could be a recup, but how can I tell my body we're not starving and to keep losing weight?!

HELP!

- Meagan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 11:38

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 403/403/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default EXCELLENT question!

I have had the SAME exact problem!!!! I was eating at induction level, weight training at least 2x/wk and cardio for about 2 hours per week and NOTHING!!! Ketostix were dark!!!! but no loss on the scale OR tape measure!!!

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean you gotta figure if you are burning fat then there should be some loss somewhere right???

I hope someone here has some insight to this!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 12:06
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

The answer is to just be patient. My weight loss history has been periods of 6-7 weeks with no loss, then several weeks with 2-3 # losses. It just comes in fits and starts. If you go for more than 6 weeks with no loss, then it's time to start tweaking. Until then, PATIENCE!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 16:19

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 199.5/153.1/150 Female 5'11"
BF:36.3%/28.5%/27%
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally posted by TeriDoodle
The answer is to just be patient. My weight loss history has been periods of 6-7 weeks with no loss, then several weeks with 2-3 # losses. It just comes in fits and starts. If you go for more than 6 weeks with no loss, then it's time to start tweaking. Until then, PATIENCE!!!

Yes, yes we've all heard that by now. lol But what I'm trying to figure out is why the hell you can be in ketosis but no fat goes anywhere? Stall and ketosis seem like they don't belong in the same sentence...

I'm being patient, but I'm thinking my body likes ketosis since I did a blowoff meal last night and the strip was still trace this morning.

= meagan