Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179.5/170.4/155 Female 5'3
BF:don't know
Progress: 37%
Default no weight loss in 5 weeks,quit tha peanuts,atkins sweets,and now cheese

Hi, I have not lost in 5 weeks, I have not lost inches either. I have been doinf everything the same, I did add peanuts about 3 weeks ago, but now I have been off them for 2 days now. I have quit the Atkins candy bars last night,and I'm quitting the cheese today. Does this sound like any of you guys? I really need some advice, I'm watching my mom, who keeps losing and we started together.
I don't want to hardly eat anymore cause everything has gotten so boring to me, yes I have been trying the receipes on here. They are good. I'm just bored. So, I have been wanting to quit, but my mom keeps telling me no, just be patient, but I'm really frustrated.
No, I'm not exercising anymore, I have not since the end of July. The heat here is a bitch. So I would really appreciate some advice. I wrote in about two weeks ago when I wasn't losing and everyone said it hasn't been long enough yet. They all told me to exercise to, I'm trying to start back, but I know people who don't exercise and lose. PLEASE HELP!
I drink 80 oz. water a day. and take supp.

I just went and checked out Fitday, and looked back, and I have not even been getting 1,500 calories. Would that effect it? Is there a way for you to look at my fitday?

I have gained back 3 pounds, this week. So, why am I gaining?

Last edited by Lacey O : Mon, Sep-08-03 at 12:34.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:07
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 241/206/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 43%

I tried Atkins earlier this year with little or no results after five weeks. In my case I was disagnosed hypothyroid and I had literally no metabolism. Now on med and restarted Atkins with results. Worth checking out symptoms and have tsh levels checked.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:08
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

This thread is most helpful. Check it out.

All the best to you.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:10
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Cutting out those Atkins bars might really help. I was stuck (or moving VERY slowly) for weeks, then I cut out all sugar alcohols and started losing again — three pounds in a week!

About exercise: yes, it is possible to lose weight without exercise. But how healthy is that? Exercise builds muscle and boosts your resting metabolic rate, so you burn MORE fat even when you're sitting still or sleeping! It also helps to tighten your skin/muscles as you lose, so you don't end up with saggy excess skin once you've dropped all the weight. The heat here in Alabama is outrageous, so I have to get my exercise in early before the sun is hot. I get up at 4:45 to work out for half an hour, because it'll never get done if I don't do it first thing in the morning!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:11

Stats: 185/158/145 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Add exercise, even walking. Are you taking chromium? I know it boosts my metabolism big time.

I have stay away from low carb bars as well. Or if I have them, it's only been a bite or two to satisfy the need for sweets. (Of course I don't have cravings so much this time around.)

Cheese I don't do much but heard it can stall.

I'd say eliminate what you've added to your diet to see if that helps.

It's not easy, I know. But hang in there! You'll be glad you did!

Shirley

By the way, I'm hypothyroid for three years now. But on med for that. Always good to check the thyroid. It's a hidden problem for a some of us and often goes undiagnosed.

Last edited by Sbear : Mon, Sep-08-03 at 09:14.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:14

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

One question. Are you drinking plenty of water? I promise it will help if you aren't. The general rule of water consumption is 8 8 oz glasses of water plus an additional 8 oz of water for every 25 pounds you are overweight. If you are drinking your water, hang in there. It will start coming off.

On another suggestion. Sometimes, people who are stalled, have a meal high in carbs which will then jumpstart their weight loss again when they go low carb.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:22

Default reply

Hi I have been on Atkins since June and I was losing, so would you lose even if you had a thyroid prob.? Is it possible to stop losing cause of thyroid prob. I'm having mine checked tom. cause of other female issues.
Yes, I drink 80 oz. of water a day, and I take B-complex,vit. e.Primrose oil,calcium,co-enzyme,l-argit.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 09:56

Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

are you close to your goal? Maybe you are at a weight that is good for you?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 10:36

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 120/???/113 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:18.8/18.8/15
Progress: 63%

I would try entering all your food in to Fitday.com. Maybe you're eating too much...too little. Maybe you need to count your calories and see how many you are eating. Some people are more sensitive than others. I lost nothing in the first 3 weeks, I was eating too many. I restricted my calories and then got sick from eating too little. I now try to eat about 1300-1400 and have started losing.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 10:43
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%

I also cut out the nuts I was eating every morning at work.I MISS THEM! But, it did help me get the scale moving again. I am sure you've heard this a million times, but UP YOUR FAT. I try to keep mine around 65-70%. Use more butter, oils. I didn't lose for almost 2 months, and after trying these things, started losing again. Good Luck!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 10:44

Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

You are officially considered metabolically resistant, maybe try the modified fat fast for a week? I really feel that eating more fat without eating too many calories is key. Also 80 oz's is not enough water, it takes tons of water to metabolize stored fat, so Id aim for 150 oz. You should maybe stick to induction foods for a while. good luck
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 12:17

Default reply

Hi, I do keep my food on fitday.I'm no where near my goal weight. I really have not been eating alot unless it was pork rinds. I have been eating breakfast ,lunch,and dinner. I have noticed though when I first started I was eating more green veg. Now I just don't want any of it cause it gets old eating broccoli, green beans and lettuce over and over everyday. I was losing when I was eating more greens and meats. I will try eating more, but you guys I just don't want to eat. I have been sick feeling the last few days, headaches and nausea, probally cause I'm not eating enough. I went awhile ago and walked on the treadmill. If you go to my journal I was losing the first couple weeks, you will see I was eating moe and exercising. I was eating atkins bars too. SO, maybe I'm not eating enough.

Just went and checked out fitday, and I looked back up into August and I have not been getting to 1,500 calories a day. Somedays its like 1,000 to 1,200.

Last edited by Lacey O : Mon, Sep-08-03 at 12:32.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 13:39

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

Maybe just cutting out the bars will help. I stalled until I quit them. Then went back to losing regularly.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 13:48

Stats: 194/182.5/140 Female 63inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

UGH those snack bars!! They totally affecting my weight loss the first time I did Atkins. They taste so damn good for a snack and they're right there ready to go! The glycerine in them can sometimes thwart progress. Check those ketone sticks.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 13:55

Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%

Check out the tips/stalls section of this forum for some useful advice!