Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 10:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/265/175 Female 5'8" 1/2
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy what am i doing!!!!

oh my goodness!....well yesterday went fairly well.. but i do have one question... i'm feeling so good and so full of energy...and have lost 4 lbs in 5 days.... well yesterday at work there was leftover smoothie(i work at subway), and without even thinking, i took 2 huge gulps!!. after the second gulp, i gasped, looked at the cup.. and couldn't believe what i had done. i didn't even think about what i was doing when i drank it. would that smalldrink have ruined my 4th day of induction? something funny too... about 20 mins later i had the worst tummy ache...
thanks,Lindsay.

Quote:
we know what we are but not what we may be... shakespere
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 10:53
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

I had to chuckle when I read this....BOY, could I relate!! When I first started LCing I had near misses like that all the time!! Sure makes you realize how much *junk* you were taking in without even being consciously aware of it, huh?? Mind-boggling.

Did it ruin your induction? Well, probably not. And there's not much you can do about it now anyway....except get right back on the plan and drink plenty of water. OK?

So glad you're feeling good!! Keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 12:49

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Re: what am i doing!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by frisee_f22
without even thinking, i took 2 huge gulps!!. after the second gulp, i gasped, looked at the cup.. and couldn't believe what i had done.

You can turn this experience into a "Positive" by learning from it. Interesting isn't it, what we can catch ourselves doing.....and you DID catch yourself. This is a good thing.

I remember.....years ago....it took me weeks to learn to NOT lick my fingers as I was cooking, but eventually, I broke the habit. Just keep at it....you are learning and changing habits and it CAN be done!

Marlaine
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 13:16

Plan: Atkins, BFL
Stats: 182.5/160/125
BF:
Progress: 39%
Talking

When I was about 13, I stopped eating sticky white rice as part of a "spell" that would supposedly grant a wish in exchange for giving up something that you really love. My wish was to meet my favorite actor/singer at the time who played an awesome samurai character on a Japanese TV show....lol Anyway, after about the 3rd week, I caught myself eating rice by the handfuls straight out of the rice cooker!! I didn't remember how I got there or how many bites I'd eaten....and I still don't!! After about 5 extremely difficult months of no rice, I finally had a chance to meet him when he travelled to my hometown for a concert, and I was back to eating rice again....lol

It's really amazing what you (or your body) would do without realizing it sometimes!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 14:59

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Been there, done that!

I can relate to this one! LOL Eating is often such a unconscious thing for many people that we just aren't in the habit of thinking about what we are putting in our mouths! I've done the same thing...recently as a matter of fact. We were having a "munchie day" at work and I was talking to a co-worker while we were standing by the goodies and I picked up a potato chip and popped it in my mouth without even thinking about it. I realized what I had done right away and spit it out (discreetly, of course). Old habits do die hard. The best thing to do is forgive yourself and move on. You probably didn't totally wreck your induction with 2 gulps of a smoothie, so get right back on track and try to learn from what happened.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 16:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/268/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default I can relate too!

Last week, someone had left a platter of cookies left over from a meeting in our kitchenette. I went in there to get yet another cup of water. Without thinking, I was reaching for a brownie. I caught myself before I picked it up, but it was kind of a shock, almost like when someone nearly runs into your car and your heart goes in your throat! Old habits die hard, that's for sure!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 17:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/199/130
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Do the same thing

We had a wedding shower at work yesterday, I brought the cake. I was okay, didn't eat any pizza or cake, but promised someone in my building a piece of cake. It was SO TOUGH carrying it across to them, it smelled so good. One thing I've found is when I'm cooking something yummy (esp. frosting) I put the bowl in the sink immediately and fill it with hot SOAPY water.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 18:19

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Yup...frosting doesn't taste nearly as good with liquid Palmolive all over it!