Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 23:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/170/150 Female 5 ft  5 in
BF:
Progress: 50%
Angry discouraged but determined..

Hi everyone,

Well, day 5 of induction and my scale hates me! LOL...no loss shown yet. Ok, i know i'm being a big whiner, but after hearing everyone else's stories about how they lost a lot of weight the first week or so i must say that i'm a little perplexed.

I will be starting my exersize program tomorrow, so maybe that will help. i plan to walk every evening with my daughter (my little motivator! LOL) and do Pilates every other day.

I was feeling pretty low when i got off the scale this morning, but i am not giving up!! Actually, i'm surprised at how determined i am to keep going.

The good news is that most of my sugar cravings are gone, and my appetite has decreased quite a bit. Also not craving bread like i used to...i used to be a major bread addict, still am actually but not as bad.

Well, i guess i just needed a little encouragement. Hope you all are doing well.

***grins***

Tricia

~~~Doula do no harm~~~
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 23:11

Plan: Smart Carb,Atkins,low fat
Stats: 197.5/189.5/150 Female 5feet 4 inches
BF:in a relationship
Progress: 17%

Ha Ha, I was just thinking that I may need to get a new scale. I don't think mine is working very well. I could be loosing weight and it is stuck on the wrong numbers!!
It can be very frustrating, but I too see all of these people who are loosing....it has to work for all of us. 10 pounds a month may be a little more resonable for many of us. Hang in there, I'm going to.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 23:16
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Thanks!

I'm so glad that i found this board. so far i have learned a lot and it is very encouraging even when i am just "lurking".

I appreciate the support, thanks again!

***grins***

Tricia

~~~Doula do no harm~~~
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:45

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

You might be suprised by the end of your second week. Sometimes it starts out slowly in the first week, but then makes up for it in the second Hang in there

L
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 07:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: -/-/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:It Just Can't Be!
Progress: 0%

Tricia, the scale does not tell the whole story believe me.
My scale has been "stuck" for quite a while.

The only advice I can give you is to be sure to measure.

While the scale is stuck, the inches are coming off. Slowly but surely I am getting smaller.
Keep that determination going and don't get discouraged by that
scale.
Best of luck!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 07:23

Plan: PP / Atkins
Stats: 275/215/170 Female 5'8
BF:too much/26%
Progress: 57%

Not everyone loses at warp speed. I lost perhaps 3lbs in my first couple of weeks low carbing. In a year I've lost 34 odd lbs and kept them off though.

It'd be lovely to lose weight and/or inches like everyone else seems to, but I don't and I accept it. I'm concentrating on all the other benefits I get from low carbing and trusting that when my body feels ready to let go of the extra weight it will.

Just remember, slow and steady wins the race
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 09:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 194/180/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Unhappy Could this mean something?

Hello Packy7,
Wow, this is my story as well......we are the same weight, started the same day and I haven't lost a pound either.....what gives? I do feel alot better though. I am also sticking to this, I will not give up! Maybe once we get off of the 190 mark....the weight will start falling off......this would be nice. I am not going to weigh myself again until Sunday evening and the same time I did last nite with the same clothes on......I'll let you know and you do the same.....Lets get through this together!

Good Luck
sinnat
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 09:33
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

That is kind of a strange coincidence isn't it? that we are the same weight, etc. Kind of nice to have a "buddy".

This morning i weighed, and it looked like i was down a pound, but it's hard to tell on my scale since it was still so close to the line. Anyway, it gave me hope and at least it didn't go UP!! LOL

maybe we will both start to see a loss soon. I will pray for you as well as myself! Keep me posted on your progress!

***grins***

Tricia

~~~All birth is beautiful~~~

***Hug a Doula!***