Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 18:16

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%
Default 3 weeks

In 3 weeks myself and two friends will be participating in a Mini-marathon. Have I 100% been following my training plan to make sure I can do this with no problem? Not really

However, I have faith in my ability and my hard head to get me through it. You are expected to maintain a 15 minute mile average(that is the pace the streets will reopen) through out the whole run. My only goal is to maintain that 15 minute mile pace for the whole race, in other words finish in 3:15. They don't kick you off the course if you can't maintain that pace though....they just ask you to move to the sidewalks so traffic can reopen

Today we ran 7 miles and I still felt like I had an EASY 3 miles left in me, and possibly more. It seemed like I picked up a 2nd wind around mile 6. We briskly walked the 1st mile as a warmup......at a 14:30 minute pace. Every other lap for me turned in around 11:30 to 12:00 per lap. We are running 4 days next week capped off with a 9 or 10 mile run on Saturday. I thought my goal was a little ambitious but after today I feel like I can reach it without killing myself

For any beginning runners/joggers....I am having great success not getting tired by using the run/walk method of running for 40 long counts, and walking for 30 short counts. By counting when I am running it also helps me to make sure I am breathing correctly.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 11:59

Plan: PPLP
Stats: 235/179/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:lots/less/<20%
Progress: 51%

how far is your "mini-marathon" ? is it a half-marathon or some other distance?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 15:42

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Awesome!!! You can do it
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 16:10

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

Yea it is 13.1 miles, it is a half.